Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rename multiple files in shell bash, changing elements order. Post 302903519 by pintolcv on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 07:19:14 AM
Old 05-28-2014
Hi Don Cragun,

It's not a homework. But i understand if you want to close the thread. I'm new in this forums.

I will search in other links.

Sorry to bore you and other users,
LP

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average of elements throught multiple files

Hi, I got a lot of files looking like this: 1 0.5 6 All together there are ard 1'000'000 lines in each of the ard 100 files. I want to build the average for every line, and write the result to a new file. The averaging should start at a specific line, here for example at line... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chillmaster
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to rename multiple directories

Hello I have a directory structure with year in format 4 digits, e.g 2009, below which is month format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 12, blow which is day format 1 or 2 digits, e.g 1 or 31. I want to change the names of lots of directories to the be Year - 4 digits , e.g 2009 - No change here... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethsays
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with multiple files rename...

Hi everyone, I'm very green in Linux. Please help me to solve my problem. I have thousands of files and I want to change their names. They have naming convection: prefix_date_date+1_suffix.nc prefix: ext-GLORY date_date+1: 20020101_20020102 and two types of suffix: gridV_R20020130 and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: makikicindy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help for a Shell script to rename multiple files

Hi! I need help to create a shell script to search inside a file and then copy a portion of the search result as the new file name. Basically I was hacked over the weekend and the genius wipe out my drive from my server. I was able to recover alot of files, but biggest problem Is now the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kidney514
15 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files by changing date order

I'm looking for a simple solution to rename a batch of files. All of the files in this directory start with a date in the format mm.dd.yy followed by a space and then additional descriptive text. Example: 01.21.10 742 P.xlsx 02.24.09 730 Smith.xlsx The information following the date can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kreisel
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename multiple files, changing prefix, extension and dropping characters

I'm currently only able to perform some very basic functions, so hope this makes sense... I have a set of about 27 files that need to be renamed from something like this: 000012ABCDEFGHIJ.XXX.YYY.ZZZ 000078KLMNO.XXX.YYY.ZZZ 000099PQ.XXX.YYY.ZZZ to something like this: newa012.abc... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbmcg
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename multiple files

Hi, In my directory I have many files, for e.g. file_123 file_124 file_125 file_126 file_127 Instead of renaming these files one by one, I would like to rename them at a same time using same command... they should appear like 123 124 125 126 127 What command(awk or ls or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename multiple files at one go?

Hi, I have hundreds of files with XXX in their file name and I want to rename all of them with YYY in place of XXX. for ex: $ ls -1 123XXX789 345XXX678 Output $ ls -1 123YYY789 345YYY678 I know we can loop in each file and sed to replace and rename each file but ren *XXX* *YYY*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
FL-RUN-BENCH(1) 						   Debian manual						   FL-RUN-BENCH(1)

NAME
fl-record - runs a funkload test SYNOPSIS
fl-record [ options ] file class.method DESCRIPTION
A funkload test can be turned into a load test, just by invoking the bench runner fl-run-bench. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit --help, -h show this help message and exit --url=MAIN_URL, -uMAIN_URL Base URL to bench. --cycles=BENCH_CYCLES, -cBENCH_CYCLES Cycles to bench, this is a list of number of virtual concurrent users, to run a bench with 3 cycles with 5, 10 and 20 users use: -c 2:10:20 --duration=BENCH_DURATION, -DBENCH_DURATION Duration of a cycle in seconds. --sleep-time-min=BENCH_SLEEP_TIME_MIN, -mBENCH_SLEEP_TIME_MIN Minimum sleep time between request. --sleep-time-max=BENCH_SLEEP_TIME_MAX, -MBENCH_SLEEP_TIME_MAX Maximum sleep time between request. --startup-delay=BENCH_STARTUP_DELAY, -sBENCH_STARTUP_DELAY Startup delay between thread. --no-color Monochrome output. --accept-invalid-links Do not fail if css/image links are not reachable. --simple-fetch Don't load additional links like css or images when fetching an html page. --label=LABEL, -l LABEL Add a label to this bench run for easier identification (it will be appended to the directory name for reports generated from it). SEE ALSO
fl-build-report(1), fl-credential-ctl(1), fl-install-demo(1), fl-monitor-ctl(1), fl-record(1), fl-run-test(1). AUTHOR
Funkload was written by Benoit Delbosc. This manual page was written by Jose Parrella <bureado@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Debian Project 26 March 2009 FL-RUN-BENCH(1)