Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep command construction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep command construction Post 302903371 by mohtashims on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 07:23:26 AM
Old 05-27-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
Hi, it could be done without an intermediate shell variable of array, like this:
Code:
grep -viFf vari.txt output.txt

Note the "case insensitive" -i, otherwise HELLO would not match Hello
Code:
grep -viFf vari.txt output.txt
grep: illegal option -- F
grep: illegal option -- f
Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . .

If i remove -F -f options i do not get the desired output. It displays all entries of output.txt.
Code:
SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

Please help !!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Construction

Could someone please help, I am new to unix and I am trying to do the following: o Each password must have at least eight characters. Only the first eight characters are significant. PASSLENGTH is found in /etc/default/passwd and is set to 6. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tumbikikani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi experts How to construct a rectangular matrix for a text file with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riyabio
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi I have to construct a rectangular matrix with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Here the rows and columns were given by alphanumeric ids in a file named row.txt and column.txt respectively. with this row nd column ids I have to construct a matrix ie 6012*2221 and compare the column ids with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyabio
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regex construction

I am trying to construct a regular expression that will filter a log file containing the following table: aP mP mC,mI oP oC oF oI tP tI hP ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case construction for basic Arithmetics calculation

the scrip (q4.sh) should perform the following calcuation (+, -, / and *) it should be used like this: q4.sh number1 operation number2 I wrote it already but the "*" does not work. #!/bin/bash #Date: 2010.10.19 # un script qui utilisera une instruction case pour effectuer des opérations... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash80
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Website construction nowaday!

Hello, Actually I am not sure how to ask this question, which is about the technique advance on website construction/design. Compared with HTML/CSS, which ones are the most popular for website construction? My colleague recommends Drupal for Linux platform. Any other? Thanks! Yifang (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
PARSE_STR(3)								 1							      PARSE_STR(3)

parse_str - Parses the string into variables

SYNOPSIS
void parse_str (string $str, [array &$arr]) DESCRIPTION
Parses $str as if it were the query string passed via a URL and sets variables in the current scope. Note To get the current QUERY_STRING, you may use the variable $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']. Also, you may want to read the section on vari- ables from external sources. Note The magic_quotes_gpc setting affects the output of this function, as parse_str(3) uses the same mechanism that PHP uses to populate the $_GET, $_POST, etc. variables. PARAMETERS
o $str - The input string. o $arr - If the second parameter $arr is present, variables are stored in this variable as array elements instead. RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Using parse_str(3) <?php $str = "first=value&arr[]=foo+bar&arr[]=baz"; parse_str($str); echo $first; // value echo $arr[0]; // foo bar echo $arr[1]; // baz parse_str($str, $output); echo $output['first']; // value echo $output['arr'][0]; // foo bar echo $output['arr'][1]; // baz ?> SEE ALSO
parse_url(3), pathinfo(3), http_build_query(3), get_magic_quotes_gpc(3), urldecode(3). PHP Documentation Group PARSE_STR(3)