Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX VIOS - fibre adapters not seeing luns Post 302903370 by aixkidbee on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 07:18:05 AM
Old 05-27-2014
Bakunin, the SAN team advised me they don't do port mapping. They do WWN mapping. So, whatever port they plug into shouldn't matter. (I'm not 100% sure of this). Think of it like this. Fabric switch A - has WWN mapping enabled. SAN adds my MAC address to Fabric switch A. Fibre cable from my FC adapter to Fabric switch A and WWN doesn't come online.
Does Xray advise still apply?

I am looking for more information in regards to 3PAR and 'server logged out adapter' as Xray mentioned.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

4 x fibre cards elimination

Hi, I have variables like mentioned below and want to separate as mentioned in output. var1="4 x fibre cards" var2="2 fibre cards" var3="6 - fibre cards" var4="4 x dual-port" I have variables like this.I want to separate numbers from this and fibre cards from this. output has to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajilesh
4 Replies

2. AIX

20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd.

Hello, When I try to upgrade AIX from 5.1 to 5.3 I get this error message 20EE0008 : No adapters found Adapter, Riser, System Bd. Anyone know anything about it ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Designating Default Gateway for multiple networks/adapters

Hi I have 4 NIC's connected to my RHEL 5.3 server. Two on one subnet creating bond0, and two on a second subnet which create bond1. Both bonds are set to use DHCP to obtain IP addresses. Here is the config file for ifcfg-bond0: DHCP_HOSTNAME=rrnltshckvmx001 DEVICE=bond0 BOOTPROTO=dhcp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Padow
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Order of Adapters in Windows 7

I am trying to get my boss' ipad to print on our local printers, and rapidly coming to loathe the product. After several false starts I'm attempting to use the free WePrint application, running on a Windows machine, to "forward" our printers from it to the ipad over the local network. I've hit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)                      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions                      HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)