Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep command construction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep command construction Post 302903362 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 27th of May 2014 06:04:20 AM
Old 05-27-2014
Hi, it could be done without an intermediate shell variable of array, like this:
Code:
grep -viFf vari.txt output.txt

Note the "case insensitive" -i, otherwise HELLO would not match Hello
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Password Construction

Could someone please help, I am new to unix and I am trying to do the following: o Each password must have at least eight characters. Only the first eight characters are significant. PASSLENGTH is found in /etc/default/passwd and is set to 6. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tumbikikani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi experts How to construct a rectangular matrix for a text file with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Thank You (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riyabio
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matrix construction

Hi I have to construct a rectangular matrix with 6012 rows and 2221 columns. Here the rows and columns were given by alphanumeric ids in a file named row.txt and column.txt respectively. with this row nd column ids I have to construct a matrix ie 6012*2221 and compare the column ids with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riyabio
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regex construction

I am trying to construct a regular expression that will filter a log file containing the following table: aP mP mC,mI oP oC oF oI tP tI hP ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

case construction for basic Arithmetics calculation

the scrip (q4.sh) should perform the following calcuation (+, -, / and *) it should be used like this: q4.sh number1 operation number2 I wrote it already but the "*" does not work. #!/bin/bash #Date: 2010.10.19 # un script qui utilisera une instruction case pour effectuer des opérations... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash80
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Website construction nowaday!

Hello, Actually I am not sure how to ask this question, which is about the technique advance on website construction/design. Compared with HTML/CSS, which ones are the most popular for website construction? My colleague recommends Drupal for Linux platform. Any other? Thanks! Yifang (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies
COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3) 					 1					   COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)

Collator::sortWithSortKeys - Sort array using specified collator and sort keys

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool Collator::sortWithSortKeys (array &$arr) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool collator_sort_with_sort_keys (Collator $coll, array &$arr) Similar to collator_sort(3) but uses ICU sorting keys produced by ucol_getSortKey() to gain more speed on large arrays. PARAMETERS
o $coll -Collator object. o $arr -Array of strings to sort RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 collator_sort_with_sort_keys(3) example <?php $arr = array( 'Kopfe', 'Kypper', 'Kopfe' ); $coll = collator_create( 'sv' ); collator_sort_with_sort_keys( $coll, $arr ); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'Kopfe', 1 => 'Kypper', 2 => 'Kopfe', ) SEE ALSO
Collator constants, collator_sort(3), collator_asort(3). PHP Documentation Group COLLATOR_SORT_WITH_SORT_KEYS(3)