Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Parameter passing to function with void * as Argument Post 302902929 by techmonk on Friday 23rd of May 2014 12:19:26 AM
Old 05-23-2014
Modifying the myfunc function changing
Code:
data->type

inplace of
Code:
 s->type

Code:
void myfunc(S *data)
{
        switch(data->type) {
        case TYPE_DS:
                data->ds.dc=0; 
                data->ds.dd=0;
                break;
        case TYPE_CS:
                data->cs.cc=0;
                break;
        }
}

This User Gave Thanks to techmonk For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Argument to Function

May i know how to pass an argument to a function in a shell script? Sorry, i din stated that it is in a shell script in my previous post. Means: checkStatus() { ........... } read status; I wanna use the status in the function checkstatus, how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string parameter to a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parameter passing in a function

I need to pass a parameter to a function in a script. My parameter is a string. When I display the parameter within my function, I only get the first word from string I pass in. How can I make the function receive the whole string (and not terminate at the first space it encounters)?. part of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fastgoon
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to return void function pointer

Hello all im trying to build function that will return void function pointer what is mean is ( not working ) the main function void * myClass::getFunction(int type){ if(type==1) return &myClass::Test1; if(type==2) return &myClass::Test2; } void myClass::Test1(){... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing more than one argument in a function

Hi All, Calling a function with one argument and storing the return value in a shell script is as below:( so far I know) value="`fun_1 "argument1"`" Its working perfectly for me. Can u help me with passing more than one argument and storing the return value Thnaks in advance JS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing commandline argument to a function

Hi, I have 2 ksh scripts. Script1.ksh contains function definition. script1.ksh function f1() { while getopts a:c: args do case $args in a) ARG1=$OPTARG ;; c) ARG2=$OPTARG ;; \?) echo "Error no valid Arguments passed" esac done echo $ARG1 echo $ARG2 script2.sh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing sql as parameter to unix function

Hi, I have a function which connects to the db and runs the sql. it works fine when I run it like: function "select empname from emp;" but when I try to pass the sql string to a variable which in turn in fed to the function , it throws error. please advise. Thanks, Arnie. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsarnie
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing argument from one function to another

Hi all, In the given script code . I want to pass the maximum value that variable "i" will have in function DivideJobs () to variable $max of function SubmitCondorJob(). Any help? Thanks #!/bin/bash ... (55 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
55 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to script, and split the parameter

i am passing input parameter 'one_two' to the script , the script output should display the result as below one_1two one_2two one_3two if then echo " Usage : <$0> <DATABASE> " exit 0 else for DB in 1 2 3 do DBname=`$DATABASE | awk -F "_" '{print $1_${DB}_$2}` done fi (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command as a function parameter

Hi All, Just trying to implement the below shell script using AIX ksh shell. myfunc { eval "$*" } CMD='ls -la /etc/hosts | awk '{print $9"|"$5}'' myfunc $CMD Keeping getting "|}: not found" errors, any pointers would greatly be appreciated. Kind Regards Ed Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eo29
2 Replies
putctl(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						putctl(9F)

NAME
putctl - send a control message to a queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> int putctl(queue_t *q, int type); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Queue to which the message is to be sent. type Message type (must be control, not data type). DESCRIPTION
The putctl() function tests the type argument to make sure a data type has not been specified, and then attempts to allocate a message block. putctl() fails if type is M_DATA, M_PROTO, or M_PCPROTO, or if a message block cannot be allocated. If successful, putctl() calls the put(9E) routine of the queue pointed to by q with the newly allocated and initialized messages. RETURN VALUES
On success, 1 is returned. If type is a data type, or if a message block cannot be allocated, 0 is returned. CONTEXT
The putctl() function can be called from user, interrupt, or kernel context. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using putctl() The send_ctl() routine is used to pass control messages downstream. M_BREAK messages are handled with putctl() (line 11). putctl1(9F) (line 16) is used for M_DELAY messages, so that parm can be used to specify the length of the delay. In either case, if a message block cannot be allocated a variable recording the number of allocation failures is incremented (lines 12, 17). If an invalid message type is detected, cmn_err(9F) panics the system (line 21). 1 void 2 send_ctl(wrq, type, parm) 3 queue_t *wrq; 4 uchar_t type; 5 uchar_t parm; 6 { 7 extern int num_alloc_fail; 8 9 switch (type) { 10 case M_BREAK: 11 if (!putctl(wrq->q_next, M_BREAK)) 12 num_alloc_fail++; 13 break; 14 15 case M_DELAY: 16 if (!putctl1(wrq->q_next, M_DELAY, parm)) 17 num_alloc_fail++; 18 break; 19 20 default: 21 cmn_err(CE_PANIC, "send_ctl: bad message type passed"); 22 break; 23 } 24 } SEE ALSO
put(9E), cmn_err(9F), datamsg(9F), putctl1(9F), putnextctl(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.11 16 Jan 2006 putctl(9F)