Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find big file include current date Post 302902509 by mzainal on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 11:03:21 PM
Old 05-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aia
That would produce a file named larger_than_100M.list which it has the information you are requesting, formatted the way you posted.

Code:
du -sm /mnt/* | awk -v d=`date "+%d%b%Y"` '$1 > 100 {printf "%s %s size %sMB\n", $2, d, $1}' > larger_than_100M.list

Not quite sure what you want to tar. The above command only provides a list of files that are 100MB and larger, and the date that the query was performed.
The result that list in larger_than_100M.list file, i want to tar all this folder and split. That is what i want to do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find files less than the current date

Hai, i have one directory contains 100 files .each file name like xvb_dateformat.i want find which file names are xvb_lessthan or equal to currentdate. any one give the solution. regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallikarjuna
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Extracting date from file name and comparing with current date

I need to extract the date part from the file name (20080221 in this ex) and compare it with the current date and delete it, if it is a past date. $file = exp_ABCD4_T-2584780_upto_20080221.dmp.Z really appreciate any help. thanks mkneni (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKNENI
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the create time of a file if current date is in next month

Hi All, I want to find the time diffrence between currnt time and "abc.txt" file create time. I have solve that but if the abc.txt file created last month then is there any process to find the difftent? Exp: Create time of abc.txt is "Apr 14 06:48" and currect date is "May 17 23:47".... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: priyankak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

In ksh find out the timestamp of current date?

Normally we can use %s to find out the time in second since 1970. But in my ksh, this format option is not available. Example- date +%s 1268103151 above script command won't work in ksh. Can you guys provide its equivalent ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a row from a file if one column containing a date is greater than the current system date

Hello gurus, I am hoping someone can help me with the required code/script to make this work. I have the following file with records starting at line 4: NETW~US60~000000000013220694~002~~IT~USD~2.24~20110201~99991231~01~01~20101104~... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chumsky
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get file name which include the current date

Hi, I'm trying to get the name of a file that has the current date in the name. The filename is on the form A<current date>01.DC, for example A2012110501.DC I have this script so far date +%y%m%d D=$(date +%y%m%d) N=A20$D echo $N N2={$N}01.DC echo $N2 And gets the following... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Immelstorn
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the file created on current date

Hi All, I'm trying to find a file which is created on current day.... I searched in unix.com and i found, below command. find /land/ -mtime -1 -type f -print | grep "FF_Member_STG.dat" The command checks if the file with name "FF_Member_STG.dat" is created today then exit else proceed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

“sed” replace date in text file with current date

We want to call a parameter file (.txt) where my application read dynamic values when the job is triggered, one of such values are below: abc.txt ------------------ Code: line1 line2 line3 $$EDWS_DATE_INSERT=08-27-2019 line4 $$EDWS_PREV_DATE_INSERT=08-26-2019 I am trying to write a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepp
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replace date in file every day with current date

I Have text like XXX_20190908.csv.gz need to replace Only date in this format with current date every day Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamasani1991
1 Replies