Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to match fields surrounded by double quotes with commas? Post 302902500 by Ophiuchus on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 07:37:20 PM
Old 05-20-2014
How to match fields surrounded by double quotes with commas?

Hello to all,

I'm trying to match only fields surrounded by double quotes that have one or more commas inside.

The text is like this
Code:
"one, t2o",334,"tst,982-0",881,"kmk 9-l","kkd, 115-001, jj-3",5

The matches should be
Code:
"one, t2o"
"tst,982-0"
"kkd, 115-001, jj-3"

I'm trying with the regex below, but is matching all fields surrounded by double quotes, even those that
don't have any comma inside.

Code:
".+?"

Thanks in advance for any help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to pass variables surrounded in double quotes to awk?

Hi, I'm making progress on this but hung up on one last detail. I'd like to use AWK to pass the system date and time(among other things) to the first line of a file. Here's what I have: BEGIN {TOTALPP = 0;FREEPP=0;USEDPP=0;print "LPAR NAME:",lpar,"DATE:",tdate } I call AWK with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting strings surrounded by parentheses and seperate by commas

Excuse the terrible title. I have a text file of 1..n lines, each one containing at least one string between parentheses. Within each string, there is one or more strings separated by commas. I need to extract each string, thus: input file: (THIS,THAT) (THE,OTHER) (THING) (OR,MAYBE)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpfeif
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to find the count of commas in a string excluding the ones in double quotes

Hi, my requirement is to find the count of commas in a string excluding the ones in double quotes. For example: If the input string is abc,xyz.com,lmhgdf,"abc, 401 street","tty,stt",45,23,45 The output should be 7 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitshete
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect scripting - How to match a double quotes " "

I am trying to match a text which contains the " ", from the log file. But it doesn't match. I understand that " " has got a special meaning to TCL/Expect. hence I tried the following, but no luck. expect -ex { "lp -c -demail -ot\\\"firstname_surname@gmail.com\\\"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakasuj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve commas inside double quotes (perl)

Hi, I have an input file like this $ cat infile hi,i,"am , sam", y hello ,good, morning abcd, " ef, gh " ,ij no, "good,morning", yes, "good , afternoon" from this file I have to split the fields on basis of comma"," however, I the data present inside double qoutes should be treated as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print - fields separated with comma's need to ignore inbetween double quotes

I am trying to re-format a .csv file using awk. I have 6 fields in the .csv file. Some of the fields are enclosed in double quotes and contain comma's inside the quotes. awk is breaking this into multiple fields. Sample lines from the .csv file: Device Name,Personnel,Date,Solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jxrst
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies
tst(3)							    InterNetNews Documentation							    tst(3)

NAME
tst - ternary search trie functions SYNOPSIS
#include <inn/tst.h> struct tst; struct tst *tst_init(int node_line_width); void tst_cleanup(struct tst *tst); int tst_insert(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key, void *data, int option, void **exist_ptr); void *tst_search(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key); void *tst_delete(struct tst *tst, const unsigned char *key); DESCRIPTION
tst_init allocates memory for members of struct tst, and allocates the first node_line_width nodes. A NULL pointer is returned by tst_init if any part of the memory allocation fails. On success, a pointer to a struct tst is returned. The value for node_line_width must be chosen very carefully. One node is required for every character in the tree. If you choose a value that is too small, your application will spend too much time calling malloc(3) and your node space will be too spread out. Too large a value is just a waste of space. tst_cleanup frees all memory allocated to nodes, internal structures, as well as tst itself. tst_insert inserts the string key into the tree. Behavior when a duplicate key is inserted is controlled by option. If key is already in the tree then TST_DUPLICATE_KEY is returned, and the data pointer for the existing key is placed in exist_ptr. If option is set to TST_REPLACE then the existing data pointer for the existing key is replaced by data. Note that the old data pointer will still be placed in exist_ptr. If a duplicate key is encountered and option is not set to TST_REPLACE then TST_DUPLICATE_KEY is returned. If key is zero length then TST_NULL_KEY is returned. A successful insert or replace returns TST_OK. A return value of TST_ERROR indicates that a memory allocation error occurred while trying to grow the node free. Note that the data argument must never be NULL. If it is, then calls to tst_search will fail for a key that exists because the data value was set to NULL, which is what tst_search returns. If you just want a simple existence tree, use the tst pointer as the data pointer. tst_search finds the string key in the tree if it exists and returns the data pointer associated with that key. If key is not found then NULL is returned, otherwise the data pointer associated with key is returned. tst_delete deletes the string key from the tree if it exists and returns the data pointer assocaited with that key. If key is not found then NULL is returned, otherwise the data pointer associated with key is returned. HISTORY
Converted to POD from Peter A. Friend's ternary search trie documentation by Alex Kiernan <alex.kiernan@thus.net> for InterNetNews 2.4.0. $Id: tst.pod 8200 2008-11-30 13:31:30Z iulius $ INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 tst(3)