Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sendmail dir permission problems. Post 302902476 by DGPickett on Tuesday 20th of May 2014 04:46:25 PM
Old 05-20-2014
On HP-UX I see:
Code:
$ ls -ld /var/spool/mqueue
drwxrwxrwt   2 smmail     mail         17408 May 20 16:43 /var/spool/mqueue
$

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ksh : permission denied on mounted dir

Hello, I have the following problem. I made a directory /mnt/appserv and mounted it on a windows server. The line in /etc/fstab to do this is the following : winoracle:/environments10g /mnt/appserv cifs defaults 0 0 I have mounted this dir as root-user. The rights on the directory are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdb78451
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sendmail - Permission denied

Hi, I'm trying to write a simple mail handler perl script for a website I'm working on. I've managed to installed sendmail yesterday, and I'm currently trying to get the script to work. I'm getting an error however. Here's the block of perl code I'm using: open(MAIL, "| $sendmailpath -t")... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail problems

Hi, I have some problems w/ the sendmail. I see that messages are queued in the /var/spool/mqueue and they are never sent to the recipients. This problem just suddenly started without any modifications in the current configuration. I already started and stop the sendmail and it did not help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktanya
1 Replies

4. Solaris

cant able to change permission in a DIR as root user

Hi my directory not accepting any commands. its simply telling permission denied. i tried ( cp, mv, rm ) as roor i want to set default permissons to this DIR please find the Logs below. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Jun 1 09:04 AP1_ROP ( original dir) root> chmod 777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change permission for opt dir in Solaris Zones?

Hi All While configuring zone I run add inherit-pkg-dir I thing this command will inherit opt,etc,lib... directories from global zone to non global zone with read permission................ So this makes problem for me I want to edit one file opt dir which is useful for my project but when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail problems

Hello, This is my first post, so hello! I'm trying to gather a copy all the mail that goes through my sendmail into a named pipees so I can gather statistics and what not. I believe a copy of all mail is stored in var/spool/mail? I tried to replace the mail directory with a named pipe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dadoprso
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sendmail problems

I running sendmail as user smmsp I have create user,group with same name Sendmail start ok,but when i try to send email outside of localhost give me this error Jan 3 20:46:59 hpux2 sm-mta: t03JkwJb020892: t03JkxJb020893: DSN: Insufficient permissionI give those permissions chmod 2755 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)