Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk. Abort script if condition was met. Post 302902254 by radoulov on Monday 19th of May 2014 03:31:12 PM
Old 05-19-2014
You may try something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
read INPUTVAR1
awk 'invar == $1 { 
  ++x
  print "I want to abort script here"
  exit
  } 
  END { 
    if ( !x ) print "OK" 
    }' invar="$INPUTVAR1" /etc/some.conf

Note that the END block is executed even if the read above is aborted,
(this behavior may be version or implementation specific),
thus we need to use a status variable (x).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to break a loop if condition is met

I am having trouble figuring this code I want to grep a text from a file and if it match certain text it break out of the loop or it should continue searching for the text Here is what I have written but it isn't working while true f=`grep 'END OF STATUS REPORT' filename` do if ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Issemael
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk to update 1st column if condition met

Hi, I am trying to update the 1st column of a file but only if it contains a char here is an example of my file 1111aaa 9999 textaaa 22222bbb 9999 textbbb 3333 9999 textccc 444ddd 9999 textddd i would like the output to remove any characters () from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: plennon
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

do nothing if condition is not met but not exit

Hello all, I created the below script....and it seemed to be working fine. My problem is i want the script to ignore rest of the things if my condition is not met but do not exit.... #!/bin/ksh ########################### ########################### # Set name of the listener, this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul.irfan2
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

While loop only if a condition is met

All, I wrote the following section of code (which logically in PHP would of worked): tmpPATH=${1} tmpTAG=${2} if then while read tmpTAG tmpPATH do fi echo $tmpTAG echo $tmpPATH if then done < ./config.cfg fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail script only if condition is met

only wc -l greater than 0 then send email to owner, otherwise do nothing. ie. result=powermt display dev=all|awk '{print $7}'|grep -i dead|wc -l if then echo $result else : fi mailx -s "there is dead path (s)" "mymail@mydomain.com" ----------- it is not working... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orafup
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that check the argument passed to it and prints error if test condition is not met

I want to make a script that check for the argument passed to it and generates an error in case any character/string argument passed to it. I am using below code, but its not working. can anyone help. #!/bin/bash if ]; then echo 'An integer argument is passed to the script hence... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukulverma2408
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the records once condition met

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance to get the records once the $2 met the condition. Ex. file 1.txt 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 123232,11-Aug-2015 08:33:37 PM,4234324,1321432,34364 Output: 123455,10-Aug-2020 07:33:37 AM,2335235,1323534,12343 What i did... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add another condition to bash for when not met

In the below I can not seem to add a line that will add Not low if the statement in bold is not true or meet. I guess when the first if statement is true/meet then print low, otherwise print Not low in $(NF + 1). I am not sure how to correctly add this. Thank you :). if(low <= $2 && $2 <=... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file with numerical difference if condition is met

In the file1 below if $9 and $12 are . (dot) then the value in $8 of file1 is used as a key (exact match) to lookup in each $2 of file2, when a match is found then the value of $4 in file1 is used to look for a range match within +/- 50 using the values in $4 and after in file2. The number of... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - print when condition is met

I have a file.txt containing the following: Query= HWI-ST863:386:C5Y8UACXX:3:2302:16454:89688 1:N:0:ACACGAAT Length=100 Score E Sequences producing significant alignments: (Bits) Value ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tons92
2 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)