Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Question about awk scripting
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Question about awk scripting Post 302902200 by Subbeh on Monday 19th of May 2014 11:08:58 AM
Old 05-19-2014
Give this a try:
Code:
awk '{x=substr($0,10,10); gsub(/\|/," ",x); print substr($0,0,10), x, substr($0,20)}' OFS="" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

another scripting question

I am writing a script that will identify the oldest file in a directory. Here's the syntax: #!/bin/ksh cd directory chmod 777 * ls -r -1t > file1 sed -n -e "1P" < file1 > file2 So my problem is, now I have file2, which contains the name of the oldest file in the directory. How do I use,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

another scripting question

Hello I am working on cleaning up permissions on Oracle mountpoints and datafiles in unix. I am looking for a script or a scripting idea to 1st. 1. grep for owner oracle 2. ensure its a directory owned for oracle 3. chmod 750 on the oracle owned directory. 4. grep for oracle files, etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting question

I'm new to shell scripting and am having a problem trying to do something in C shell. I want to write a script that will input something instead of a user doing it. For example, using the command 'write' the user is supposed to type something to be sent to another user. I want a script to be able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batmike
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Scripting question

I'm writing a small script that will run an executable program (sort of like TOP). To exit the executable, you have to enter control C (^c). I'm trying to use a redirect input file to send the ^c but I'm not having any luck. My short script looks like this - /mydirectory/abc.script < abc.in >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question

Folks; I'm writing a shell script to extract some fields out of a log file & it will run periodically, how can i make it runs starting from where it left of. for example; if the script will do the extract every 2 days, let's say the first run will extract fields until July 25, 2007 @ 11:15:22... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moe2266
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting question

folks; I have a script to remove any files that older than 14 days then move any files that younger than 7 days to another directory. but for some reason it doesn't move the files, when i do it manually it works but not through the script. i tried 2 different ways in writing the move part but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question

Preview of command prompt f ---> to start ferret q----> to stop ferret asp@nex:~$ f NOAA/PMEL TMAP FERRET v6.82 Linux 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5PAE 32-bit - 08/03/12 3-Dec-12 16:44 yes? go my.jnl yes?column=4/skip=1/type=num,text ............filename.txt ---... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question

Hi I am trying to write a small script which takes one by one file name from a txt file and do a 'll' and need to check if equal to the given month, otherwise it should return back the file name. Note: the file name contains parameter. My code is given below: It is not working .. giving error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravindra Swan
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting question

hi all, I am writing a script and beginner in shell scripting. I have tried the below script. could you please check and let me know whether the below scirpt is correct. Unix details : HP Unix Input file. cat input.txt | tail -4 HTS40002.W1978.PROM HTS40003.W1978.PROM... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
17 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)