Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing log file and print latest number in loop Post 302901869 by RudiC on Friday 16th of May 2014 05:55:43 AM
Old 05-16-2014
Not sure I grasp what you want to tell us, but to get at the very last of your numbers, don't print $6, but assign it to a variable which then you print in the END section.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to cat the latest log file created

everytime a new logfile get created at certain interval of time and i want a simple shell script program which cat the lastest log file when manually excuted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkandati
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search latest version of log file

Have checked the forums and couldnt locate help on this. I want to grep a log file for a pattern using a script - I need to grep the latest log file and not sure how I am able to ensure I am greping the latest log file. Here is sample of log files for yestersday and I effectively need to grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i pick the latest log file as per below

in the below .. i want to pick the latest logfile which is having JPS.PR inside.. that means i want particularly "spgport040408041223.log:@@@@@@@@ 04:13:09 Adding: JPS.PR." which is latest among these.. is it possible to compare the current time with logfile time ? reptm@xblr0758rop>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print number pyramid with for loop in unix

How can I print number pyramid with for loop(not while only for) in unix like: 1 22 333 4444 55555 ---------- Post updated at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:07 AM ---------- I forgot it is in ksh...I wrote a script in bash but it is nt wrkng in ksh... bash script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file name and add a number

Hi, I have a file po8282.fmt998.fbi.mopac.x.macs.btt.txt . I want to parse the first field which is separated by "." and then find the number and add 1 to it. here is what I am doing to get the first field, but not sure how to only pick the number and add 1 to it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing characters and number from a big file with brackets

I have a big file with many brackets () in it from which I need to parse number characters and numbers. Below is an example of my file 14 (((A__0:0.02,B__1:0.3)0:0.04,C__0:0.025)2:0.01),(D__0:0.00978,E__2:0.01031)1:0.00362; 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a control file loop

Hi, Let's say I have a control file like this: RHEL apple "echo apple" RHEL bravo "ls -l bravo*" RHEL church "chmod church.txt" SUSE drive "chown user1 drive.txt" SUSE eagle "echo "eagle flies"" SUSE feather "ls -l feather*" HP-UX google "sed 's/^Google.*$/&\ ACTION: go to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Gamemaster
14 Replies
grape(1)						      General Commands Manual							  grape(1)

NAME
grape - inspection and management of the local grape cache used by Groovy DESCRIPTION
usage: grape [options] <command> [args] options: -D,--define <name=value> define a system property -d,--debug debug log level 4 will print out full stack traces -h,--help usage information -i,--info info log level 2 will print out information -q,--quiet quiet log level 0 will print only errors -v,--version display the Groovy and JVM versions -V,--verbose verbose log level 3 will print verbose logs -w,--warn warn log level 1 will print only errors and warnings COMMANDS
install <groupId> <artifactId> [<version>]: This installs the specified groovy module or maven artifact. If a version is specified that specific version will be installed, otherwise the most recent version will be used (as if '*' we passed in). list: Lists locally installed modules (with their full maven name in the case of groovy modules) and versions. resolve (<groupId> <artifactId> <version>)+: This returns the file locations of the jars representing the artifcats for the specified module(s) and the respective transitive dependencies. You may optionally pass in -ant, -dos, or -shell to get the dependencies expressed in a format applicable for an ant script, windows batch file, or unix shell script respectively. SEE ALSO
groovy(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was generated using help2man and edited by Ludovic Claude <ludovic.claude@laposte.net>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). July 2009 grape(1)