Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing log file and print latest number in loop Post 302901869 by RudiC on Friday 16th of May 2014 05:55:43 AM
Old 05-16-2014
Not sure I grasp what you want to tell us, but to get at the very last of your numbers, don't print $6, but assign it to a variable which then you print in the END section.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

want to cat the latest log file created

everytime a new logfile get created at certain interval of time and i want a simple shell script program which cat the lastest log file when manually excuted (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkandati
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through files in dir, omit file with latest date

I want to loop through files in a directory but omit the file with the latest date in my list of files. How would I accomplish this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search latest version of log file

Have checked the forums and couldnt locate help on this. I want to grep a log file for a pattern using a script - I need to grep the latest log file and not sure how I am able to ensure I am greping the latest log file. Here is sample of log files for yestersday and I effectively need to grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i pick the latest log file as per below

in the below .. i want to pick the latest logfile which is having JPS.PR inside.. that means i want particularly "spgport040408041223.log:@@@@@@@@ 04:13:09 Adding: JPS.PR." which is latest among these.. is it possible to compare the current time with logfile time ? reptm@xblr0758rop>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print number pyramid with for loop in unix

How can I print number pyramid with for loop(not while only for) in unix like: 1 22 333 4444 55555 ---------- Post updated at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:07 AM ---------- I forgot it is in ksh...I wrote a script in bash but it is nt wrkng in ksh... bash script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a file name and add a number

Hi, I have a file po8282.fmt998.fbi.mopac.x.macs.btt.txt . I want to parse the first field which is separated by "." and then find the number and add 1 to it. here is what I am doing to get the first field, but not sure how to only pick the number and add 1 to it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl's buffered I/O is causing me to miss latest log file entries in log colorizer. How to fix?

I've been finding myself using a log file colorizer written in perl to reformat and colorize the output from many different programs. Mainly, however, I use it to make the output from "tail -f" commands more readable. The base perl script I use is based on "colorlogs.pl" available from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rcsteiner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing characters and number from a big file with brackets

I have a big file with many brackets () in it from which I need to parse number characters and numbers. Below is an example of my file 14 (((A__0:0.02,B__1:0.3)0:0.04,C__0:0.025)2:0.01),(D__0:0.00978,E__2:0.01031)1:0.00362; 15... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on parsing Oracle RMAN output for string and print sections of a file

Hi, I need some advise on how to print 'sections' of the attached file. I am searching for some that says Marked Corrupt and print some lines after it. At the moment I am running the command below: sed -n -e '/Marked Corrupt/{N;N;p;}' rman_list_validate.txtThis gives me the following... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a control file loop

Hi, Let's say I have a control file like this: RHEL apple "echo apple" RHEL bravo "ls -l bravo*" RHEL church "chmod church.txt" SUSE drive "chown user1 drive.txt" SUSE eagle "echo "eagle flies"" SUSE feather "ls -l feather*" HP-UX google "sed 's/^Google.*$/&\ ACTION: go to... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Gamemaster
14 Replies
print-service(1M)					  System Administration Commands					 print-service(1M)

NAME
print-service - select, report, import, export active print service on a system SYNOPSIS
print-service [-s service [-m] | -q | -e file | -i file] DESCRIPTION
The print-service utility manages print service selection, as well as export and import of basic print queue configuration. Only a user root privileges or with the Printer Management profile can change the active print service or import print queue configuration. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s service Select the active print service for on a host. service can be one of lp or cups. -m Migrate print queue configuration during print service selection. -q Report the active print service on a host. -e file Export basic print queue configuration to a file. -i file Import basic print queue configuration from a file. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Selecting a Print Service The following command selects the CUPS print service as the active print service on a host. # print-service -s cups Example 2 Reporting the Active Print Service The following command reports the active print service on a host. # print-service -q Example 3 Exporting a Print Queue Configuration The following command exports the print queue configuration from the active print service. # print-service -e /tmp/queues Example 4 Importing a Print Queue Configuration The following command imports the print queue configuration to the active print service. # print-service -i /tmp/queues EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The print queue configuration saved and restored during export, import, and migration is limited to queue name and device name. It is likely that further configuration changes will be required before imported or migrated print queues become usable. SunOS 5.11 18 Mar 2008 print-service(1M)