Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combing output of cut commands with a delimiter? Post 302901657 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 06:34:15 PM
Old 05-14-2014
First, it is not nice to go back and edit your original problem statement after your problem has been solved. Second, your updated problem statement is extremely vague.

What output are you hoping to get from your sample real file? Do you want commas inserted between the fields identified by Col=start_col-end_col? Do you want thirteen lines of output for every input line?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

\r as delimiter in cut

I need to use \r as a delimiter in the -d option of the cut comand . Any help ? Thanks in advance . SD (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shweta_d
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use a word as a delimiter with cut

Is there a way to use a word as a delimiter with cut? Or is there a way to use sed or awk with a word as a delimiter? I don't care which program I use for a delimiter I just want to use a word as a delimiter. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut -d with more than 1 delimiter?

I need to cut or otherwise get the 4th and 5th position output of for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done example output is: h;13;1310318701;443;93 I only need ";443;93" from any given run of "for i in `date +%H` ; do vnstat --dumpdb | grep "h;$i" ; done" Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut columns with delimiter

HI, I have a file like below "103865","103835","Zming","","Zhu","103965","Sunnyvale","US", "116228","116227","Morlla","","Kowalski","113228","Paese "(Treviso)""IT" I want to validate the 7th column which is below. "Sunnyvale" "Paese In the above 7th column Paese is not ended with... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set output delimiter as tab in cut command

I can not make it work, it prints \t rather than introduce tabs. cut -d "," -f 4,8 Samples.csv --output-delimiter="\t" | sort > out Since I am running this command within a shell script, I tried manually inserting tab in this command, still does not work. I am using bash shell Suggestions... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: analyst
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to cut all string after the last delimiter?

hi all, suppose a string: abc/def/ghi/jkl/mn.txt and i want to get the file name without the path. however, different files have different paths, therefore the number of delimiter is uncertain. thanks so much! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut by delimiter, and delimiter can be anything except numbers?

Hi all, I have a number of strings like below: //mnt/autocor/43°13'(33")W/ and i'm trying to get the numbers in this string, for example 431333 please help thanks ahead (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnydanniel
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut delimiter and save

i have list of names in a text file and I wanted to delete the commas en every line. for example: inside the text is a list of names in it with commas after each line. I wanted to delete these commas. which command must I execute for this? unix, dale, shawn, aaron, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: garfish
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut cmd with delimiter as |#|

Hi All- We have a file data as below with delimiter as |#| 10|#|20|#|ABC 13|#|23|#|PBC If I want to cut the 2nd field out of this, below command is not working as multiple pipe is causing an issue , it seems cut -f2 -d"|#|" <file_name> can you please help to provide the correct command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Combing Two Commands

I have been digging deeper into Python and want to make my code as efficient as possible. The less line of code the better so I have been experimenting and wanted to ask the Python gurus if this is possible. So: ... ... In : kbfileurl = re.search('<p>For more information about this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
6 Replies
SLASD1(l)								 )								 SLASD1(l)

NAME
SLASD1 - compute the SVD of an upper bidiagonal N-by-M matrix B, SYNOPSIS
SUBROUTINE SLASD1( NL, NR, SQRE, D, ALPHA, BETA, U, LDU, VT, LDVT, IDXQ, IWORK, WORK, INFO ) INTEGER INFO, LDU, LDVT, NL, NR, SQRE REAL ALPHA, BETA INTEGER IDXQ( * ), IWORK( * ) REAL D( * ), U( LDU, * ), VT( LDVT, * ), WORK( * ) PURPOSE
SLASD1 computes the SVD of an upper bidiagonal N-by-M matrix B, where N = NL + NR + 1 and M = N + SQRE. SLASD1 is called from SLASD0. A related subroutine SLASD7 handles the case in which the singular values (and the singular vectors in factored form) are desired. SLASD1 computes the SVD as follows: ( D1(in) 0 0 0 ) B = U(in) * ( Z1' a Z2' b ) * VT(in) ( 0 0 D2(in) 0 ) = U(out) * ( D(out) 0) * VT(out) where Z' = (Z1' a Z2' b) = u' VT', and u is a vector of dimension M with ALPHA and BETA in the NL+1 and NL+2 th entries and zeros else- where; and the entry b is empty if SQRE = 0. The left singular vectors of the original matrix are stored in U, and the transpose of the right singular vectors are stored in VT, and the singular values are in D. The algorithm consists of three stages: The first stage consists of deflating the size of the problem when there are multiple singular values or when there are zeros in the Z vector. For each such occurence the dimension of the secular equation problem is reduced by one. This stage is performed by the routine SLASD2. The second stage consists of calculating the updated singular values. This is done by finding the square roots of the roots of the secular equation via the routine SLASD4 (as called by SLASD3). This routine also calculates the singular vectors of the current problem. The final stage consists of computing the updated singular vectors directly using the updated singular values. The singular vectors for the current problem are multiplied with the singular vectors from the overall problem. ARGUMENTS
NL (input) INTEGER The row dimension of the upper block. NL >= 1. NR (input) INTEGER The row dimension of the lower block. NR >= 1. SQRE (input) INTEGER = 0: the lower block is an NR-by-NR square matrix. = 1: the lower block is an NR-by-(NR+1) rectangular matrix. The bidiagonal matrix has row dimension N = NL + NR + 1, and column dimension M = N + SQRE. D (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N = NL+NR+1). On entry D(1:NL,1:NL) contains the singular values of the upper block; and D(NL+2:N) contains the singular values of the lower block. On exit D(1:N) contains the singular values of the modified matrix. ALPHA (input) REAL Contains the diagonal element associated with the added row. BETA (input) REAL Contains the off-diagonal element associated with the added row. U (input/output) REAL array, dimension(LDU,N) On entry U(1:NL, 1:NL) contains the left singular vectors of the upper block; U(NL+2:N, NL+2:N) contains the left singular vectors of the lower block. On exit U contains the left singular vec- tors of the bidiagonal matrix. LDU (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array U. LDU >= max( 1, N ). VT (input/output) REAL array, dimension(LDVT,M) where M = N + SQRE. On entry VT(1:NL+1, 1:NL+1)' contains the right singular vectors of the upper block; VT(NL+2:M, NL+2:M)' contains the right singular vectors of the lower block. On exit VT' contains the right singular vectors of the bidiagonal matrix. LDVT (input) INTEGER The leading dimension of the array VT. LDVT >= max( 1, M ). IDXQ (output) INTEGER array, dimension(N) This contains the permutation which will reintegrate the subproblem just solved back into sorted order, i.e. D( IDXQ( I = 1, N ) ) will be in ascending order. IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension( 4 * N ) WORK (workspace) REAL array, dimension( 3*M**2 + 2*M ) INFO (output) INTEGER = 0: successful exit. < 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value. > 0: if INFO = 1, an singular value did not converge FURTHER DETAILS
Based on contributions by Ming Gu and Huan Ren, Computer Science Division, University of California at Berkeley, USA LAPACK version 3.0 15 June 2000 SLASD1(l)