Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk statement to grep (bit involved) Post 302901589 by Makarand Dodmis on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 12:06:25 PM
Old 05-14-2014
try
Code:
nawk '{ if (gsub("id1", "&1", $0) > 0) {print "id1 no of occurrences: " gsub("id1", "&1", $0)}}' filename &&
nawk '{ if (gsub("id2", "&1", $0) > 0) {print "id2 no of occurrences: " gsub("id2", "&1", $0)}}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help! a free Sprite is involved!

Can anyone define the following for me? /etc/rc.c/init.d/iptables restart Our resident "Geek" is giving away a prize if I can tell him what this means. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: txyzzy
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to check patches involved

Hi I need to check if the following patches are installed in a HP-UX machine "GOLDQPK11i, which in turn includes both GOLDAPPS11i and GLODBASE11i How can I go about doing it, am still a struggling sys admin! Saw this command showrev -p but command not found in the machine thou! Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gelbvonn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep in if statement

Can somebody please guide me towards right syntax: #!/bin/ksh if i = $(grep $NAME filename) echo "Name Found" else echo " Name not Found" fi I need to grep for $NAME in the file, and if it returns false, execute a series of commands and if true, exit out. The above is not the right... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep high bit char

Hi - I have file which contains high bit unicode chars like © etc.. How can I do grep to find out lines which contain copyright symbol © I tried using grep \x{00A9} grep \x\{00A9\} Thanks- (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayyo1234
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep in a test/if statement

Okay, well this is more or less my first attempt at writing a shell script. Anyways, here's my code: cd ${PATH} if then rm ${FILE} ./anotherScript else exit 1 fi exit 1 Anyways, it's a pretty simple script that is supposed to search for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep statement

Hi All, Please can somebody advise that if I want to search a pattern xyz the grep command should only select xyz and not any other pattern containing xyz (ex abxyzcd) Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with grep as conditional

Please see the script segment below for i in $files do echo $i if ; then case "$1" in "IE0263"|"IE0264"|"IE0267"|"IE0268") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut -c108-136 | sort` ;; "IE0272"|"IE0273") short_filename=`ls -l $i | cut... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk/sed/grep with goto statement!

Hi, I have an array with characters and I am looking for specific character in that array and if those specific character not found than I use goto statment which is define somehwhere in the script. My code is: set a = (A B C D E F) @ i = 0 while ($i <= ${#a}) if ($a != "F" || $a != "D")... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using GREP in IF Statement

Hello All, I have 2 different pieces of code, I am confused why the Code1 is giving me the correct result where as the Code2 is not giving me correct result. It gives me always result as "Failure" irrespective of the "ERROR" word exists in logfile or not. may I know the reason why? I am using Bash... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies
SFDDIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							SFDDIFF(1)

NAME
sfddiff - compare two font files SYNOPSIS
sfddiff [--help] [--ignorehints] [--ignorenames] [--ignoregpos] [--ignoregsub] [--ignorebitmaps] [--exact] [--warn] [--merge outfile] [--usage] [--version] fontfile1 fontfile2 DESCRIPTION
The program sfddiff compares two font files, which may be in any format fontforge(1) can read. It will notice the following differences: 1) Characters are present in one font but not in the other. 2) Characters are present in both fonts but have different sets of outlines or references. The outlines may be compared so that only exact matches are accepted, or so that a fuzzier match is used. Similarly references may need to match exactly, or may be matched after an unlink. This fuzzy comparison is useful when comparing truetype and postscript fonts, or when comparing a font with references to one with- out. 3) The postscript hints or truetype instructions are different. 4) The font names (the truetype `name' table) differ. 5) The kerning (and other `gpos' information) differs. 6) The ligatures (and other `gsub' information) differ. 7) Any bitmap strikes present in one font but not in the other. 8) Any bitmap characters present in one strike of one font but in the equivalent strike of the other. 9) Any bitmap characters which differ. OPTIONS
--help Provide a description with a list of the available options. --ignorehints Suppress the reporting of hint/instruction differences. --ignoregpos Suppress the reporting of kerning (and other `gpos') differences. --ignoregsub Suppress the reporting of ligature (and other `gsub') differences. --ignorenames Suppress the reporting of name string differences. --ignorebitmaps Suppress the reporting of bitmap differences. --exact Require outlines to match exactly. --warn Warn if the outlines/references are slightly different. --merge outfile Store a merged version of the two fonts into the specified output file. The merged data will be based on sfdfile1, as well as any characters present in sfdfile2 but not in sfdfile1 will be added, and the outlines of sfdfile2 will be placed in the background. Finally, for any characters with different outlines or references the background of the the character will contain the outlines from sfdfile2 (references will be unlinked into outlines and those outlines also will be added). --usage Display the usage description. --version Display the current version. SEE ALSO
fontforge(1) The HTML version of the fontforge manual at: http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by George Williams (gww@silcom.com). Manual page heavily rewritten and modified to use standard -man(5) macros by R.P.C. Rodgers (rodgers@nlm.nih.gov), 23 October 2002. 8 April 2006 SFDDIFF(1)