Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to relate ipcs id or cpid to process? Post 302901168 by rbatte1 on Monday 12th of May 2014 11:42:53 AM
Old 05-12-2014
The CPID & LPID are Create and Last attach/detach Process ID. The processes may no longer exist.

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ipcs command

Does anyone know how to set the variables with the ipcs command? I need to set the following variables: Shared memory segments message queues semaphore arrays all of these (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deuce
1 Replies

2. Programming

System V and POSIX IPCs

I am using SUN 0S 5.7. My application has a dozen programs running in this machine, each instance of a program having 2 POSIX message queues for itself. Totally around 90 POSIX message queues. Another small application uses a SYSTEM V shared memory and a message queue. We face a problem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deepa
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question relate to AWK

Hi, I would like to setup a FOR loop script to find out all the existing linux workstation in the network w/ ip address, hostname and linux version. I created a basic FOR loop script: for i in $(seq 1 254) do echo 10.72.169.$i >> result ssh -o ConnectTimeout=3 root@10.72.169.$i... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: beeloo
14 Replies

4. AIX

ipcs command with out output

hello i'm running on aix 5300-08-02-0822 hacmp 4 when i run ipcs command there is nio output. some one got this problem? best regards ariec (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

5. Solaris

ipcs Help

hi, I need help with ipcs command on Solaris. What does it do and what are options b,m,o,q does. Here is the sample output of ipcs -oq and ipcs -bm IPC status from <running system> as of Sun Sep 7 23:07:59 GMT 2008 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP CBYTES QNUM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krabu
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to relate Radius log entries to DHCP ones

Hi, let say i have 2 log files(they are below) dhcp and radius. What i need is to put the information to a file just from good connections ( Auth: Login OK ) others just ignore. And the information should look like: time, login name, mac, ip, server. But the trouble is that from radius log i get... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwe
10 Replies

7. Programming

help with C++ code that relate the object with physical address

I need some help to write a C++ code that read and write the register of a sequencer. I have to make a code that relate the objects with the physical address but I am a bit confuse. Could someone suggest me how to proceed? in which parts do I split the code? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silviafisica
1 Replies

8. AIX

ipcs -m displaying empty

I am trying to run myApplication which allocates Some amount of shared memory at startup. It failed because not available shared memory are available. But when i ran, ipcs -m it is displaying empty(i.e no shared memory allocated in system.) Why "ipcs -m" is displaying empty ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokd001
5 Replies

9. Solaris

IPCS COUNT clear

How to clear IPCS queue count in server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arasu123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ipcs do not show MODE

The ipcs -q command output includes a MODE column which tells user if the process is waiting on read or write on the queue. I used this in scripts on many systems (Solaris, AIX, SCO) a snippet from man MODE (all) The facility access modes and flags: The mode consists of 11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
2 Replies
IPCS(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   IPCS(1)

NAME
ipcs -- report System V interprocess communication facilities status SYNOPSIS
ipcs [-abcMmopQqSsTt] DESCRIPTION
The ipcs utility provides information on System V interprocess communication (IPC) facilities on the system. The options are as follows: -a Show the maximum amount of information possible when displaying active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. (This is shorthand for specifying the -b, -c, -o, -p, and -t options.) -b Show the maximum allowed sizes for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``maximum allowed size'' is the maximum number of bytes in a message on a message queue, the size of a shared memory segment, or the number of semaphores in a set of semaphores. -c Show the creator's name and group for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. -M Display system information about shared memory. -m Display information about active shared memory segments. -o Show outstanding usage for active message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``outstanding usage'' is the number of messages in a message queue, or the number of processes attached to a shared memory segment. -p Show the process ID information for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The ``process ID information'' is the last process to send a message to or receive a message from a message queue, the process that created a semaphore, or the last process to attach or detach a shared memory segment. -Q Display system information about messages queues. -q Display information about active message queues. -S Display system information about semaphores. -s Display information about active semaphores. -T Display system information about shared memory, message queues and semaphores. -t Show access times for active semaphores, message queues, and shared memory segments. The access times is the time of the last con- trol operation on an IPC object, the last send or receive of a message, the last attach or detach of a shared memory segment, or the last operation on a semaphore. If none of the -M, -m, -Q, -q, -S, or -s options are specified, information about all active IPC facilities is listed. RESTRICTIONS
System data structures may change while ipcs is running; the output of ipcs is not guaranteed to be consistent. BUGS
This manual page is woefully incomplete, because it does not at all attempt to explain the information printed by ipcs. SEE ALSO
ipcrm(1) AUTHORS
Thorsten Lockert <tholo@sigmasoft.com> BSD
June 18, 1994 BSD