Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Creating multiple xml tag lines in a file Post 302900998 by Optimus81 on Saturday 10th of May 2014 05:17:42 AM
Old 05-10-2014
Thanks Don.

I tried it by myself, it simple while loop did the trick..

Many Thanks..

Code:
 #!/usr/bin/bash
 while read line
do
        #echo "Generating xml tag is :<typ:RequestKey NameType="RIC" Name="A1" Service="DDA"/>"
        echo "<typ:RequestKey NameType="RIC" Name="\"$line\"" Service="DDA"/>" >> /tmp/xmlfile
done < /tmp/xmllist

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting multiple xml tag

sorry for the trouble...... i have this file that contains the following: 00:00:21 Queue key, Queue Name= 00:00:21 Sending Message :<EXGC-EXGU xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <trans_id>EXGC</trans_id> <sys_prefix>GSYS</sys_prefix> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some xml tag lines using shell script

I have existing XML file as below, now based on input string in shell script on workordercode i need to create a seprate xml file for e.g if we pass the input string as 184851 then it find the tag data from <workOrder>..</workOrder> and write to a new file and similarly next time if i pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML tag replacement from different XML file

We have 2 XML file 1. ORIGINAL.xml file and 2. ATTRIBUTE.xml files, In the ORIGINAL.xml we need some modification as <resourceCode>431048</resourceCode>under <item type="Manufactured"> tag - we need to grab the 431048 value from tag and pass it to database table in unix shell script to find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple xml tag value into CSV format

Hi All, Need your assistance on another xml tag related issue. I have a xml file as below: <INVOICES> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>1234</BILL_NO> <BILL_DATE>01 JAN 2011</BILL_DATE> </BILL> <NAMEINFO> <NAME>ABC</NAME> </NAMEINFO> </INVOICE> <INVOICE> <BILL> <BILL_NO>5678</BILL_NO>... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove some xml tag lines using shell script?

Hi All, My name is Prathyu and I am working as a ETL develper. I have one requirement to create a XML file based on the provided XSD file. As per the Datastage standards Key(repeatable) field does not contain any Null values so I am inserting some dummy tag line to that XML file. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using shell command need to parse multiple nested tag value of a XML file

I have this XML file - <gp> <mms>1110012</mms> <tg>988</tg> <mm>LongTime</mm> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Desti = Motion</lkid> <kk>12</kk> </lv> <lv> <lkid>StartEle=ONE, Source = Velocity</lkid> <kk>2</kk> </lv> <lv> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NeedASolution
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert tag based lines to xml format

Hi All, Can some one help me to convert this line of code to xml format. Thanks in advance, preethy. input: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preethy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving XML tag/contents after specific XML tag within same file

Hi Forum. I have an XML file with the following requirement to move the <AdditionalAccountHolders> tag and its content right after the <accountHolderName> tag within the same file but I'm not sure how to accomplish this through a Unix script. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grepping multiple XML tag results from XML file.

I want to write a one line script that outputs the result of multiple xml tags from a XML file. For example I have a XML file which has below XML tags in the file: <EMAIL>***</EMAIL> <CUSTOMER_ID>****</CUSTOMER_ID> <BRANDID>***</BRANDID> Now I want to grep the values of all these specified... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubh752
1 Replies
FLOCK(1)							   User Commands							  FLOCK(1)

NAME
flock - manage locks from shell scripts SYNOPSIS
flock [options] <file|directory> <command> [command args] flock [options] <file|directory> -c <command> flock [options] <file descriptor number> DESCRIPTION
This utility manages flock(2) locks from within shell scripts or the command line. The first and second forms wrap the lock around the executing a command, in a manner similar to su(1) or newgrp(1). It locks a specified file or directory, which is created (assuming appropriate permissions), if it does not already exist. By default, if the lock cannot be immediately acquired, flock waits until the lock is available. The third form uses open file by file descriptor number. See examples how that can be used. OPTIONS
-s, --shared Obtain a shared lock, sometimes called a read lock. -x, -e, --exclusive Obtain an exclusive lock, sometimes called a write lock. This is the default. -u, --unlock Drop a lock. This is usually not required, since a lock is automatically dropped when the file is closed. However, it may be required in special cases, for example if the enclosed command group may have forked a background process which should not be hold- ing the lock. -n, --nb, --nonblock Fail rather than wait if the lock cannot be immediately acquired. See the -E option for the exit code used. -w, --wait, --timeout seconds Fail if the lock cannot be acquired within seconds. Decimal fractional values are allowed. See the -E option for the exit code used. -o, --close Close the file descriptor on which the lock is held before executing command . This is useful if command spawns a child process which should not be holding the lock. -E, --conflict-exit-code number The exit code used when the -n option is in use, and the conflicting lock exists, or the -w option is in use, and the timeout is reached. The default value is 1. -c, --command command Pass a single command, without arguments, to the shell with -c. -h, --help Print a help message. -V, --version Show version number and exit. EXAMPLES
shell1> flock /tmp -c cat shell2> flock -w .007 /tmp -c echo; /bin/echo $? Set exclusive lock to directory /tmp and the second command will fail. shell1> flock -s /tmp -c cat shell2> flock -s -w .007 /tmp -c echo; /bin/echo $? Set shared lock to directory /tmp and the second command will not fail. Notice that attempting to get exclusive lock with second command would fail. shell> flock -x local-lock-file echo 'a b c' Grab the exclusive lock "local-lock-file" before running echo with 'a b c'. ( flock -n 9 || exit 1 # ... commands executed under lock ... ) 9>/var/lock/mylockfile The form is convenient inside shell scripts. The mode used to open the file doesn't matter to flock; using > or >> allows the lock- file to be created if it does not already exist, however, write permission is required. Using < requires that the file already exists but only read permission is required. [ "${FLOCKER}" != "$0" ] && exec env FLOCKER="$0" flock -en "$0" "$0" "$@" || : This is useful boilerplate code for shell scripts. Put it at the top of the shell script you want to lock and it'll automatically lock itself on the first run. If the env var $FLOCKER is not set to the shell script that is being run, then execute flock and grab an exclusive non-blocking lock (using the script itself as the lock file) before re-execing itself with the right arguments. It also sets the FLOCKER env var to the right value so it doesn't run again. EXIT STATUS
The command uses sysexits.h return values for everything else but an options -n or -w failures which return either the value given by the -E option, or 1 by default. AUTHOR
H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2006 H. Peter Anvin. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
flock(2) AVAILABILITY
The flock command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util- linux/>. util-linux September 2011 FLOCK(1)