Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interacitve script for Healthcheckup of nodes Post 302900874 by rbatte1 on Friday 9th of May 2014 08:50:33 AM
Old 05-09-2014
So you need to know how to make a choice from a selection?

The case statement may be of use:-
Code:
read -p "Give me a number" choice
case $choice in
   1) echo "You picked option 1"
      echo This is another statement for option 1"     ;;
   2) echo "You chose the second"                      ;;
   3) echo "The last valid option"                     ;;
   *) echo "Choice $choice is not valid                ;;
esac

Note the end-of-section ;; and the esac to end the statement.

Does that do what you are after?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to map XML nodes

Hi folks, I'm a bit of a novice at this but here goes. I want to read in nodes from an XML file, and map the path to each. eg the file is structured <node><nodename>.</nodename> <node><nodename>topnode</nodename> <node><nodename>subnode1</nodename></node> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for showing only selected nodes

Dear all, I am bit confused lately, I have a xmlfile here: file: book.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <bookstore> <book category="COOKING"> <title lang="en">Everyday Italian</title> <author>Giada De Laurentiis</author> <year>2005</year> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penyu
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Rebooting 3 to 1 Cluster nodes.

hello Gurus, My current set up is 3 to 1 Cluster (SUN Cluster 3.2) running oracle database. Task is to reboot the servers. My query is about the procedure to do the same. My understanding is suspend the databases to avoid switchover. Then execute the command scshutdown to down the cluster... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on HACMP nodes?

Hello All, Anybody knows how can I run script on the AIX HACMP offline node, without logon a offline node? I would like to run a script on the online node and at same time or after the online node on the offline node. Any IDEA? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
3 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabulate nodes and subnodes of XML file script

Hello to all, I'd like to tabulate the content of the XML file below, I've been trying with AWK putting the Top node (<KIND>) as RS and so far I'm able to print the first and second field of each record, but I don't know how to continue with the following nodes that have more inner nodes. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD