Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk two succeeding lines and moving matching files Post 302900492 by Error404 on Wednesday 7th of May 2014 06:20:54 AM
Old 05-07-2014
perfect, I had to remove the 'exit' part to make it run for the whole directory. Thanks for your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find matching lines between 2 files

How do I find matching lines between two files? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two files and to remove the matching lines on both the files

I have two files and need to compare the two files and to remove the matching lines from both the files (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk if statement matching all lines starting w/ a number

Does awk have a syntax for a range of numbers or is this the best way? if ($1 >= 0 && $1 <= 9 ) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arsenalman
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines matching value(s) in other file using awk

Hi, I have two comma separated files. I would like to see field 1 value of File1 exact match in field 2 of File2. If the value matches, then it should print matched lines from File2. I have achieved the results using cut, paste and egrep -f but I would like to use awk as it is efficient way and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SBC
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Look up between 2 files and print matching lines

Hi, I have 2 large log files in .gz format file 1 contains abcde 12345 23456 . . . . . . . . 09123 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help With AWK Matching and Re-printing Lines

Hi All, I'm looking to use AWK to pattern match lines in XML file - Example patten for below sample would be /^<apple>/ The sample I wrote out is very basic compared to what I am actually working with but it will get me started I would like to keep the matched line(s) unchanged but have them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhoderidge
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - matching on 2 columns for differents lines

Given this file (I separated them in block to make my explanation clearer): 92157768877;Sof_deme_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 92157768877;Sof_trav_Fort_Email_am_%yyyy%%mm%%dd%;EMAIL;20/02/2015;1;0;0 91231838895;Sof_deme_faible_Email_am;EMAIL;26/01/2015;1 0;0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Andy_K
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine matching lines in file

I am trying to combine all matching lines in the tab-delimited using awk. The below runs but no output results. Thank you :). input chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 110925349 110925532 ALG13 chrX 47433390 47433999 SYN1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print matching lines in files that meet critera

In the tab delimited files below I am trying to match $2 in file1 to $2 of file2. If a match is found the awk checks $3 of file2 and if it is greater than 40% and $4 of file2 is greater than 49, the line in file1 is printed. In the desired output line3 of file1 is not printed because $3 off file2... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to average matching lines in file

The awk below executes and is close (producing the first 4 columns in desired). However, when I add the sum of $7, I get nothing returned. Basically, I am trying to combine all the matching $4 in f1 and output them with the average of $7 in each match. Thank you :). f1 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
BADSECT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						BADSECT(8)

NAME
badsect -- create files to contain bad sectors SYNOPSIS
/etc/badsect bbdir sector ... DESCRIPTION
Badsect makes a file to contain a bad sector. Normally, bad sectors are made inaccessible by the standard formatter, which provides a for- warding table for bad sectors to the driver; see bad144(8) for details. If a driver supports the bad blocking standard it is much preferable to use that method to isolate bad blocks, since the bad block forwarding makes the pack appear perfect, and such packs can then be copied with dd(1). The technique used by this program is also less general than bad block forwarding, as badsect can't make amends for bad blocks in the i-list of file systems or in swap areas. On some disks, adding a sector which is suddenly bad to the bad sector table currently requires the running of the standard DEC formatter. Thus to deal with a newly bad block or on disks where the drivers do not support the bad-blocking standard badsect may be used to good effect. Badsect is used on a quiet file system in the following way: First mount the file system, and change to its root directory. Make a directory BAD there. Run badsect giving as argument the BAD directory followed by all the bad sectors you wish to add. (The sector numbers must be relative to the beginning of the file system, but this is not hard as the system reports relative sector numbers in its console error mes- sages.) Then change back to the root directory, unmount the file system and run fsck(8) on the file system. The bad sectors should show up in two files or in the bad sector files and the free list. Have fsck remove files containing the offending bad sectors, but do not have it remove the BAD/nnnnn files. This will leave the bad sectors in only the BAD files. Badsect works by giving the specified sector numbers in a mknod(2) system call, creating an illegal file whose first block address is the block containing bad sector and whose name is the bad sector number. When it is discovered by fsck it will ask ``HOLD BAD BLOCK ?'' A posi- tive response will cause fsck to convert the inode to a regular file containing the bad block. SEE ALSO
bad144(8), fsck(8), format(8) DIAGNOSTICS
Badsect refuses to attach a block that resides in a critical area or is out of range of the file system. A warning is issued if the block is already in use. BUGS
If more than one sector which comprise a file system fragment are bad, you should specify only one of them to badsect, as the blocks in the bad sector files actually cover all the sectors in a file system fragment. HISTORY
The badsect command appeared in 4.1BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution June 5, 1993 4th Berkeley Distribution