Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Linux Swapping - identifying the process Post 302900381 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 12:49:13 PM
Old 05-06-2014
In that case, you need to add more memory to your system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swapping questions

How can you tell how much a Solaris box is swapping? At what point do page in and page out become a problem? Here is a vmstat output. > vmstat procs memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr m0 m1 m2 m3 in sy cs us sy id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Paging and Swapping

Hi Guys: Would like to know how to check system swapping and paging and some theory on how they function. I am an oracle dba and my environment is 8171 on AIX 433. We have a 1GB of RAM on the box and I am educating myself to see how much more SGA can be accommodated on the box and what are the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ST2000
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get swapping info

Hi How can I determine if swapping is occuring on a server. Thanks, Leo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Swapping

Hello! Why does my SuSE GNU/Linux machine swap? I have a Gig of ram, currently 14MBs of free RAM, 724MB - buffers and caches... That is 685MB of cached RAM, then kernel really should'nt have to swap, It should release cached memory in my thinkin... It has only swaped 3MB's but still,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Swapping in VI editor

Hi, I am attempting to replace several similar words with another word in vi. Here is what I have written for the script: 3dTcat -prefix SuperBrik_4WAY_HRF ../JULY10_2007A/results2TENT/stats.JULY10_2007A+tlrc ../JULY10_2007G/results2TENT/stats.JULY10_2007G+tlrc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping three lines

I have some text: <date>some_date</date> <text>some_text</text> <name>some_name<name> and I want to transform it to smthng like that: some_name on some_date: some_text I've tried sed: sed 's/<text>\(.*\)<\/text> <name>\(.*\)<\/name>/\2 - \1/' but it says unterminated... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsjkvf
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping fields

Hallo Team, This is the command that i am running : grep ",Call Forward Not Reachable" *2013* this is the output that i am getting (i did a head -10 but the files can be more than 1000) ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Swapping

Hi Guys I am using SPARC-T4 (chipid 0, clock 2998 MHz), SunOS 5.10 Generic_150400-38 sun4v. How do I see if the server was doing some swapping like yesterday? I had a java application error with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, now I want to check if the server was not doing some swapping at... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping lines

Hi there, I have a text that I'm trying to format into something more readable. However, I'm stuck in the last step. I've searched and tried things over the internet with no avail. OS: Mac After parsing the original text that I won't put here, I managed to get something like this, but this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Identifying a process

morning, i introduce the following sentence: "sudo lsof -i | grep smtp" ang get a list of the processes. two of them i don't know what is the function: 29574 & 29575, with the following indication: "memo" the rest of the processes shown are smtpd. i kill these two processes and they disappear,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brijan007
4 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)