Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Backup Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Backup Script Post 302900324 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 08:51:01 AM
Old 05-06-2014
Two further observations:
- dy='date +%d%b%y' will assign that string as is. Use $(date ...) instead.
- the error msg "...ofhome\r\r: " indicates you created the script with window's tools. Don't. Use *nix tools instead.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Backup Script

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this question but I have a script on an IBM RS6000 that has quit working. I can manually run a backup using SMIT and it appears okay, but not sure about the script. ----------code------------ #!/bin/ksh #set -x echo backup beginning date find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: geek4sur
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Script

Hi, My SCO Unixware 7.1.1 box is setup to run an EOD backup script, which is as follows: ---------------------------------------------------------------------- start End-of-day compress $BASE TO /home/compdir write /home/compdir to DATTAPE end ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in backup script

Hello folks. Good Day! i want to backup /var/www directory backup to another system daily basis incremental backup and weekly full backup. Directory name where it should automatically created like 2010-04-20 i mean via script. Can some one help? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup script

Hi, I need to write a script that will capture the 8th character on each line (alphanumeric /meta chars) to the 16th character and send to an output file. Any ideas? R, D. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in creating file restoration script from a backup script.

Hi all i am struggling in creating a restore of env files while doing applications clone. the first file i created for copying the important configurations file which is running perfect now for reverting the changes i mean when i am restoring these files to its original places i have to do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javeedkaleem
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script / Test if script is already running

Hello everyone, I have 2 questions : 1) I have a backup shell script, let's call it backup.sh, that is called every hour as a cron job. As a matter of fact a backup could last more than one hour. It mounts a NAS and then do some rsync on important directories, so really I don't want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup Script

I don't know how to repair this script :/ My OS: Ubuntu Server 18.04 "Bionic Beaver" LTS (64bits) #!/bin/bash # ### Ustawienia - sciezki do plików ### DIRS="/home/ts/ /home/mc/" BACKUP=/home/backup.$$ NOW=$(date +"%d-%m-%Y") DELDATE=$(date -d "-7 days" +"%d-%m-%Y") DAY=$(date +"%a") #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: xCraftRayX
4 Replies
PAM_LASTLOG(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						    PAM_LASTLOG(8)

NAME
pam_lastlog - PAM module to display date of last login SYNOPSIS
pam_lastlog.so [debug] [silent] [never] [nodate] [nohost] [noterm] [nowtmp] [noupdate] [showfailed] DESCRIPTION
pam_lastlog is a PAM module to display a line of information about the last login of the user. In addition, the module maintains the /var/log/lastlog file. Some applications may perform this function themselves. In such cases, this module is not necessary. OPTIONS
debug Print debug information. silent Don't inform the user about any previous login, just update the /var/log/lastlog file. never If the /var/log/lastlog file does not contain any old entries for the user, indicate that the user has never previously logged in with a welcome message. nodate Don't display the date of the last login. noterm Don't display the terminal name on which the last login was attempted. nohost Don't indicate from which host the last login was attempted. nowtmp Don't update the wtmp entry. noupdate Don't update any file. showfailed Display number of failed login attempts and the date of the last failed attempt from btmp. The date is not displayed when nodate is specified. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the session module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_SUCCESS Everything was successful. PAM_SERVICE_ERR Internal service module error. PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User not known. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to display the last login time of an user: session required pam_lastlog.so nowtmp FILES
/var/log/lastlog Lastlog logging file SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_lastlog was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_LASTLOG(8)