Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Filtering out the data with dates Post 302900254 by jayadanabalan on Monday 5th of May 2014 08:40:44 PM
Old 05-05-2014
Filtering out the data with dates

Hi,

I have some data like seen below.

format : apple(hhmm mm/dd).fruit

Code:
apple(2345 03/25).fruit
apple(2345 05/06).fruit
orange(0443 05/02).fruit
orange(0345 05/05).fruit
orange(2134 05/04).fruit
grape(0930 04/24).fruit
grape(2330 03/30).fruit

I need to get the data which are older than past 3 days as seen below

Code:
apple(2345 03/25).fruit
orange(0443 05/02).fruit
grape(0930 04/24).fruit
grape(2330 03/30).fruit

How do i filter this data alone ? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-05-2014 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering out data ...

I have following command which tells me File size in GBs which are greater than 0.01GBs recursively in a dir structure. ls -l -R | awk '{ if ($5/1073741824 >= 0.01) print $9, $5/1073741824 }' But there are some files whom I dont have enough permissions, after executing this script gives me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering Data

Hi All, I have the below input and expected ouput. I need a code which can scan through this input file and if the number in column1 is more than 1 , it will print out the whole line, else it will output "No Re-occurrence". Can anybody help ? Input: 1 vvvvv 20 7 7 23 0 64 6 zzzzzz 11 5... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering Data

file1 contain: (this just a small sample of data it may have thousand of lines) 1 aaa 1/01/1975 delhi 2 bbb 2/03/1977 mumbai 3 ccc 1/01/1975 mumbai 4 ddd 2/03/1977 chennai 5 aaa 1/01/1975 kolkatta 6 bbb 2/03/1977 bangalore program: nawk '{ idx= $2 SUBSEP $3 arr = (idx in arr) ?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help need in filtering data

Hello Gurus, Please help me out of the problem. I ve a input file as below input clock; input a; //reset all input b; //input comment output c; output d; output e; input f; //output comment I need the output as follows: \\Inputs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user_prady
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with filtering dates from the calendar

Hi, I need a simple shell script to help filter weekends from the calendar of a month. In other words, i need a script to identify the working days in a month. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv

Good day Gurus, I have a csv file that contains an inventory of active servers. This csv file contains a well over a hundred systems (IBM, SUN, HP). It also contains those systems details. See below for an example hostA,invver,1.02,20100430 hostA,date,08/30/2010,06:18 hostA,use,"Unknown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuffyDMonkey
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data using AWK

Hi , i have file with delimiter as "|" and data in Double codes for all fields. how to filter data in a column like awk -F"|" '$1="asdf" {print $0}' test. ex : "asdf"|"zxcv" Thanks, Soma (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: challamsomu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk data filtering

I am trying to filter out some data with awk. If someone could help me that would be great. Below is my input file. Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:00 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 00 16 28 B 120: 00 00 00 39 53 32 86 29 Date: 10-JUN-12 12:00:10 B 0: 00 00 00 00 10 01 11 22 B 120: 00 00 00 29 23 32 16 29... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data filtering and category assigning

Please consider the following file, I have many groups which can be of 3 types, T1 (Serial_Number 1) T2 (Serial_Number 2) and T1*T2 (all other Serial_Number). I want to only consider groups that have both T1 and T2 present and their values are different from each other. In the example file,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help Filtering Data from an API

Hi Everyone, I need help on figuring out a way to filter some data that I get back from an API. Im able to get all the data that Im looking for but I would like to know a way for me to filter it better. The data that Im getting back is basically 2 rows of data as seen here. Row 1 ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheStruggle
25 Replies
YAML::Node(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     YAML::Node(3)

NAME
YAML::Node - A generic data node that encapsulates YAML information SYNOPSIS
use YAML; use YAML::Node; my $ynode = YAML::Node->new({}, 'ingerson.com/fruit'); %$ynode = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); print Dump $ynode; yields: --- !ingerson.com/fruit orange: orange apple: red grape: green DESCRIPTION
A generic node in YAML is similar to a plain hash, array, or scalar node in Perl except that it must also keep track of its type. The type is a URI called the YAML type tag. YAML::Node is a class for generating and manipulating these containers. A YAML node (or ynode) is a tied hash, array or scalar. In most ways it behaves just like the plain thing. But you can assign and retrieve and YAML type tag URI to it. For the hash flavor, you can also assign the order that the keys will be retrieved in. By default a ynode will offer its keys in the same order that they were assigned. YAML::Node has a class method call new() that will return a ynode. You pass it a regular node and an optional type tag. After that you can use it like a normal Perl node, but when you YAML::Dump it, the magical properties will be honored. This is how you can control the sort order of hash keys during a YAML serialization. By default, YAML sorts keys alphabetically. But notice in the above example that the keys were Dumped in the same order they were assigned. YAML::Node exports a function called ynode(). This function returns the tied object so that you can call special methods on it like ->keys(). keys() works like this: use YAML; use YAML::Node; %$node = qw(orange orange apple red grape green); $ynode = YAML::Node->new($node); ynode($ynode)->keys(['grape', 'apple']); print Dump $ynode; produces: --- grape: green apple: red It tells the ynode which keys and what order to use. ynodes will play a very important role in how programs use YAML. They are the foundation of how a Perl class can marshall the Loading and Dumping of its objects. The upcoming versions of YAML.pm will have much more information on this. AUTHOR
Ingy dA~Xt Net <ingy@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006. Ingy dA~Xt Net. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2002. Brian Ingerson. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.12.1 2010-01-03 YAML::Node(3)