Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Optional Packages
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Optional Packages Post 302899774 by svolbruck on Thursday 1st of May 2014 01:22:36 PM
Old 05-01-2014
Question Linux Optional Packages

Please forgive but I am new to Linux and still learning. When installing Linux (any flavor) over PXE, it asks if you want to customize which packages to install. Most engineers ask us to install all packages but this entails A LOT of clicking. Is there a way to "select all" packages by using a keystroke?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux user access to packages...

Hi, I'm now playing with my RH Linux 7.3 installation on my laptop. I've installed the StarOffice suite from root login. Now my problem: I created a user account "vishnu".. but I cannot see the StarOffice in the menu listing of this user. How can I give "vishnu" the access to StarOffice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Installing Linux packages

hi, I wants to customize the Linux packages after installting the Linux OS... I am not able to install the packages packages in GUI mode System-> Administration->add/remove software.i want to install some desktop and dabase related packages how do i install those packages... I use RHEL6.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies
PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)						  [FIXME: manual]					     PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)

NAME
pk-debuginfo-install - Debugging Packages Installer SYNOPSIS
pk-debuginfo-install [--help] [--verbose] [--simulate] [--no-depends] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the pk-debuginfo-install command. pk-debuginfo-install is the command line client for installing debuginfo packages. WHY DO I NEED DEBUGINFO PACKAGES
? When a program crashes, it's often useful to send the developer a backtrace which contains symbol names and variable contents, rather than memory addresses. To make this possible, extra packages called debug packages can be installed. OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --help Show summary of options. --noninteractive Do not be interactive and skip the confirmation before the packages are installed. --verbose Show extra debugging information. --simulate Don't actually install any packages, only simulate what would be installed. --no-depends Do not scan for, or install dependencies of the core packages. --quiet Do not display information or progress to the terminal. RETURN VALUES
0 Success, at least one package was installed 1 Failed with miscellaneous internal error. 3 Failed to get software sources list. 4 Failed to enable software sources. 5 Failed as nothing to do. 6 Failed to find dependant packages. 7 Failed to install. 8 Failed to disable software sources. SEE ALSO
pkmon (1). pkcon(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Richard Hughes richard@hughsie.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Richard Hughes [FIXME: source] 29 July,2009 PK-DEBUGINFO-INSTA(1)