Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Server Outage
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Server Outage Post 302899316 by Sunil Koya on Monday 28th of April 2014 12:34:26 PM
Old 04-28-2014
Linux Server Outage

We have Linux Server crash on last Friday of 25th It's is running on IBM x3650 hardware. We Have Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.9 (Tikanga) running on top of it.

We were told to do Root Cause Analysis. So, Apart from looking /var/log/messages, Where can we check to get details on server crash?

Regards,
Sunil
Database Admin

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Booting up problem after power outage

hi guys, i'm new so don't bite too hard. having a problem booting up a V210 running sol9 on after a power outage... an init5 was done but not a init0 before the power cut... so now when booting up it gives the ff: SC Alert: Host System has Reset Probing system devices Probing memory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lungsta
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Any specific time to reboot the sun server to avoid unplanned outage ??

Hi, Would like to know the uptime or specific time limit to reboot the sun microsystem to avoid unplanned outage. Regards,Tarun (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: taruntan
9 Replies

3. AIX

System can't boot up after power outage

Hello Forum, I am very newbie with AIX. We have 2 AIX 9111-285 servers. The OS version is 5.3. After the power outage, they did not come up. I try to unplug the power cable and re-connect after 1 minutes but do not help. Both display the same reference code 110000AC on the front panel... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lilyn
6 Replies

4. AIX

Automatic Server bootup after power outage?

Hi everyone, We had a power outage few days ago, and I got the servers up and running but I was informed to look into, if there is a way to bring up the servers automatically/defaultly. I was told the windows admin has their server set up where the servers are up automatically if there is a... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adnans2k
11 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

OUTAGE: Data Center Problem Resolved.

There was a problem with our data center today, creating a site outage (server unreachable). That problem has been resolved. Basically, it seems to have been a socially engineered denial-of-service attack against UNIX.com; which I stopped as soon as I found out what the problem was. Total... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
VLVINDEX(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VLVINDEX(8)

NAME
vlvindex - Directory Server script for VLV indexing SYNOPSIS
vlvindex [-Z serverID] -n backendname | {-s includesuffix}* -T vlvTag [-d debuglevel] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Creates virtual list view (VLV) indexes, known in the Directory Server Console as browsing indexes. VLV indexes introduce flexibility in the way search results are viewed. VLV index configuration must already exist prior to running this script. The Directory Server must be stopped before running this script. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below: -Z Server Identifier The server ID of the Directory Server instance. If there is only one instance on the system, this option can be skipped. -n Backend Name The name of the LDBM database to reindex. Example: userRoot -s includeSuffix Specifies suffixes to be included or the subtrees to be included -T vlvTag This is the name of the vlv index entry under cn=config. -d Debug Level Settings the debugging level. -h Display the usage. EXAMPLE
vlvindex -n userRoot -T myVLVIndex -Z instance2 DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is zero if no errors occur. Errors result in a non-zero exit status and a diagnostic message being written to standard error. AUTHOR
vlvindex was written by the 389 Project. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2013 Red Hat, Inc. Mar 5, 2013 VLVINDEX(8)