Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rlogin alerting
Operating Systems AIX Rlogin alerting Post 302899288 by Daniel Gate on Monday 28th of April 2014 10:38:39 AM
Old 04-28-2014
Rlogin alerting

// AIX 6.1
lsuser root returns the attributes.

HTML Code:
# lsuser root
root id=0 pgrp=system groups=system,bin,sys,security,cron,audit,lp,dba,mqm,patrol home=/ shell=/usr/bin/ksh auditclasses=general log
in=true su=true rlogin=false daemon=true admin=true sugroups=ALL admgroups=oinstall,admsys,patrol,d_admin,d_prod,hagsuser,dba tpath=
nosak ttys=ALL expires=0 auth1=SYSTEM auth2=NONE umask=22 registry=files SYSTEM=compat logintimes= loginretries=0 pwdwarntime=0 ......
When it shows
Code:
rlogin=true

, is there a way to trigger e-mail stating it is not set to
Code:
rlogin=false

?

Please advise.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rlogin???

From any computer on our network when you rlogin into one machine (this only happens on this machine) it'll hang for about 3 minutes before loggin into that machine. If your sick of waiting you can do a <ctrl> C and then it'll rlogin into the machine it is meant to BUT it wont keep the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

rlogin

I'm comparing a table from two databases on two different servers to check for equality. 1. How do I use rlogin from a script , is it like this ? rlogin -l $username $server1 where $username and $server1 are passed from the command line. 2.create a copy of that table, compress it and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

not allow rlogin

does anyone know how to stop rlogin to my sunsolaris so I have 2 machines...I can not telnet one becouse that is not allowed but I can telnet the other and do rlogin to first one..I want to stop that.. so.. telnet A from C machine - works telnet B from C machine - does not work but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

HPUX monitoring and alerting script per CPU

Hi Guys, Hopefully someone would be able to help me out. Basically I have an HPUX 11.11i system which is backed up by Data Protector 4.5. Every so often the vdba process hangs and chews up 100% of one of the systems CPU resources. As our monitoring tool can only monitor on a per system basis... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fulhamfcboy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All... I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
6 Replies

6. Solaris

rlogin help!

Guys, I'm running solaris 9 on two systems: 1 and 2, let's say. From 1, if I say rlogin 2, i can just login. No passwd prompt! From 2, if I say rlogin 1, it asks for the passwd. (able to login with a passwd) But, they both have the same config files, same set up, same network etc. What... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Alerting - command or script assistance

Hello! I need some help with grep from various logs we use for monitoring transactions. The logs contain the following information (which is consistent in all of the files): 12:28:33.157 EWY D 1 (tcpip.c:282): tcpip.c: Unable to connect to x.x.x.x on port xxxx. (79) Connection refused ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbchecko
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Code for alerting admin regarding process

Hello everyone. I want code for 1.reporting an alert to admin if a particular user tries to initiate more than 5 processes in the interval of 5 mins. 2. Reporting an alert if a user runs one particular process for more than 5 minutes. Both should be reported in a log file with machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: safijunaid
1 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh. Note that /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells may cause unexpected behavior (such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1)). FILES
/etc/shells lists shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.10 4 Jun 2001 shells(4)