Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Replacing Hex Characters In A File Using awk? Post 302899286 by Makarand Dodmis on Monday 28th of April 2014 10:35:44 AM
Old 04-28-2014
try

Code:
cat filename| sed 's/0D/0D0A0A/g' > file2 && mv file2 filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but last Hex characters in a text line

I must remove hex characters 0A and 0D from several fields within an MS Access Table. Since I don't think it can be done in Access, I am trying here. I am exporting a Table from Access (must be fixed length fields, I think, for my idea to work here) into a text format. I then want to run a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAH
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Hex characters of ascii file

Hi, Whats the command or how do you display the hexadecimal characters of an ascii file. thanks Bud (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: budrito
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing few characters in a file

Hi All, I have huge xml file. The file contains some comment tags . I have requirement to replace comment tag with another comment tag. Say for example : file X has -- Part of the file <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-2"?><translationResults jobDate="20070123 23:20:51"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purnakarthik
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Replacing Characters in Flat File

I was wondering if somebody could help me with something on UNIX. I have a file that looks like this - "nelson,bill","bill","123 Main St","Mpls","MN",55444,8877,william I want to replace all comma with pipes (|), except if the comma is within double quotes. (The first field is an example of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nelson553011
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

replacing the characters in a file

hi i want to replace the characters between positions 2 to 30 in each line in a file how to do it suggestions welcome (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing characters in csv file

Hello all, This is my first post here, so please excuse me if this question is too obvious or has been asked before. I am new to Unix and although I tried to search your forum for the answer to my question, I could not find an answer that would help me. I have a 500MB csv file with numeric values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finwhiz
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing characters with awk

Hi there! I'm new in this and probably is a quite simple task but I still cannot manage to do it: I have to read some files line by line and then change the input format into another one, but the very first step is to replace the empty variables by error values. I mean, each line looks like:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thoreman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing hex characters '\x0D' with '\x0D\x0A'

Hello All, I have a requirement where I need to replaced the hex character - '\x0D' with 2 hex characters - 'x0D' & 'x0A' I am trying to use SED - But somehow its not working. Any pointers? Also the hex character '\x0D' can occur anywhere in the line. Can this also be accomplished... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing hex characters

I have the following file consisting of dates and sample measurements: 05��Oct��2010 1.31�� 06��Oct��2010 1.32�� 07��Oct��2010 1.31�� The hex characters are \xc2\xa0 in sequence. I have tried to remove the characters as follows: sed -i '' -e 's/\xc2\xa0//g' file.dat and as follows... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing characters in a file

Suppose I have a file which has 1000 columns (5 SHOWN FOR EXAMPLE) two alphabets are separated by a space and then tab A A"\t"C C"\t"G G"\t"0 0"\t"T T A G"\t"C C"\t"G G"\t"A T"\t"0 0 G A"\t"0 0"\t"G C"\t"A A"\t"T C whenever there is a 0 0 in any column, the output should be printed as A... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossi
12 Replies
diff3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  diff3(1)

Name
       diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison

Syntax
       diff3 [-ex3] file1 file2 file3

Description
       The command compares three versions of a file, and publishes the ranges of text that disagree, flagged with the following codes:

====	      all three files differ

====1       file1 is different

====2       file2 is different

====3       file3 is different

The type of change needed to convert a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways:

f : n1 a    Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3.

f : n1 , n2 c
		      Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2.  If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1.

The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication.  When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of
       the lower-numbered file is suppressed.

Options
       -3   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file1 and file2 that are to be incorporated into file3.

-e	   Produces an editor script containing the changes between file2 and file3 that are to be incorporated into file1.

-x	   Produces an editor script containing the changes among all three files.

Examples
       Under the -e option, publishes a script for the editor that incorporates into file1 all changes between file2 and  file3  -  that  is,  the
       changes	that would normally be flagged ==== and ====3.	Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3).
       The following command applies the resulting script to `file1':
       (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1

Restrictions
       Text lines that consist of a single `.'	defeat -e.

Files
       /tmp/d3?????
       /usr/lib/diff3

See Also
       cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), dffmk(1), join(1), sccsdiff(1), uniq(1)

diff3(1)