Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to display large file in Solaris? Post 302899239 by Makarand Dodmis on Monday 28th of April 2014 06:45:38 AM
Old 04-28-2014
try

Code:
du -k * | sort -n

Top 10 largest files

Code:
du -k * | sort -n | tail -10

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

X-SERVER will not display on Solaris 8

Hi, I just installed Solaris 8 (x86) on a PC and I cannot get the X-Server configured: Below is a copy of Xerrors: X_mkdir: No such file or directory X_mkdir: No such file or directory There is no XDISPLAY information for display 0. Check the OWconfig file(s) and try again. Fatal... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: annointed3
2 Replies

2. Solaris

display wwpn on Solaris 2.6

Does anyone know how to find the wwpn? I have 2 dual-port hba card, having hard time finding wwpn through command lines. prtpicl isnt available - what are other commands to try? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display large files

I'm looking to display the largest files in a file system without descending into subdirectories. The / file system is 65% full and I'm looking to display only the files in / without taking into consideration other filesystem/directories. I can execute this command du -sk ./* |sort -nr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steelysteel
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - DISPLAY

Hello Im having problems on re-directing the graphics from my Solaris to my PC. I can connect using reflections and get to the Solaris desktop, however, when I login and set the DISPLAY, I cannot get the screen to my PC. I run the below as root DISPLAY=192.168.0.7:0.0 ; export DISPLAY... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deedaz
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096 bytes. Linux has /etc/network/interfaces. Does ANYONE remember the equivalent in Unix? When I do ifconfig eth0 mtu 4000, I get the error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Need help with configuring large packet size on Solaris 7 / e6500

Greetings, I'm stuck in a time warp using ancient machines from the prehistoric era that should be rightfully displayed in the Smithsonian. We're running Solaris 7 on FDDI n/w on an E6500 host and wish to use MTU (packet size) > 1500, more like 3072 bytes to begin with and possibly up to 4096... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharique
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

not large enough to display the application in red hat linux x win desktop

I use red hat linux es 5 I use startx to start the x-win desktop. But when I use vritual manager . The display application is too large so the bottom part for the application cannot show out. I cannot scroll down to get the display of bottm part . So, I do not know what button display at the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing large files in Solaris 11

I have a 1.2G file that contains no newline characters. This is essentially a log file with each entry being exactly 78bits long. The basic format is /DATE/USER/MISC/. The single uniform thing about the file is that that the 8 character is always ":" I worked with smaller files of the same... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
8 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)