Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date Post 302899119 by sam192837465 on Sunday 27th of April 2014 06:13:55 AM
Old 04-27-2014
Unable to find files, those can be present anywhere in the directory tree,based on its creation date

Hi

I am unable to find files, those are present anywhere in the same directory tree, based on the creation date. I need to find the files with their path, as I need to create them in another location and move them. I need some help with a script that may do the job.

Please help

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files based on creation date

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out how to move multiple files based on their creation date. If anyone can enlighten me it would be most appreciated!! Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dgoyea
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files from one directory to another based on 2 date variables

Hi All, I am currently coding for a requirement(LINUX OS) where I am supposed to move a file (Lets Call it Employee.txt) from Directory A to Directory B based on 2 date fields as below, Date_Current = 20120620 Date_Previous = 20120610 Source Directory : /iis_data/source Target... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files from one directory to another based on creation/modification date

Hi All, Really stuck up with a requirement where I need to move a file (Lets say date_Employee.txt--the date will have different date values like 20120612/20120613 etc) from one directory to another based on creation/modification dates. While visiting couple of posts, i could see we can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in directory tree by date

I'm using a directory naming convention to organize files as exemplified here: 2012/Aug/week-20-Aug/23-Thu/tuv.txt 2012/Aug/week-27-Aug/30-Thu/abc.txt 2012/Sep/week-27-Aug/01-Sat/def.txt 2012/Sep/week-03-Sep/07-Fri/xyz.txt How do I write a command that will list the file names abc.txt and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select all files in a folder based on creation date (ls command)

Hi All, <Re-posting in Correct group> I'm trying to select all the files in a folder that starts with a particular name format and are created in a gven date range using 'ls' command...but i'm not successful.... Example : I'm trying to see all the text files in a folder who names start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya C1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find directory listing from root to all files in tree format with details of perm/own/grp?

Hi, My apologies if my query is already available on this forum but I am new and could not find. I need a script to list all directories/sub directories and files with permissions/groups/owners. The script would run from home directory and should capture every directory. How do I do this? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 8709711
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne returning files based on creation date

I'm wanting to write a bourne shell script that takes in two command line arguments - a directory and a file. With this I want to return a list of files within the directory that are older (based on creation date) than the given file, and print the number of files that have not been listed (they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: britty4
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Searching for a files based on current date directory

Hi All, I've been trying to do some recursive searching but not been very successful. Can someone please help. Scenario: I have directory structure /dir1/dir2/dir3/ 2019/ 11/ 17 18 19 20 so what I want to do is run a script and as its 2019/11/18/ today it would go and only search... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: israr75
3 Replies
kits(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   kits(1)

NAME
kits - Generates setld format distribution kits SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/kits key-file input-path output-path [subset...] OPERANDS
The pathname of the manufacturing key file which describes the product to be kitted. Unless optional subset arguments are specified, all subsets listed in the descriptor section of the key-file are kitted. The pathname which specifies the top of a hierarchy of files. This hierarchy contains the files which are to be kitted into subsets. The name of the directory to be used to store the subset image and data files produced by the command. The names of individual subsets can be specified by optionally listing them on the command line. If they are specified, only those subsets are kitted. The kits program assumes that all other subsets for the product have been kitted and that their images are in the directory specified by output-path. The key file specified must contain descriptors for each of the optional named subsets. DESCRIPTION
The kits command produces subset images, inventories, and control files for an installation using the setld command. You need to know the key file which describes the product to be built, a hierarchy from which the component files to be kitted are to be taken, and a destina- tion directory into which the kit information is to be placed. In the output-path directory, the kits command produces a subset image file for each subset and a product_code.image file listing all the kit's subsets. In the instctrl subdirectory of output-path, kits produces an inventory file and a control file. The optional subset con- trol program for any subset in the kit is transferred to output-path/instctrl. An instctrl directory is created if none existed. RESTRICTIONS
Any subset control programs to be provided with the kit must be located in a directory named scps in the working directory where the kits program is invoked. If no subset control program is found for a subset, an empty one is created. ERRORS
The kits program was unable to find the key-file specified on the command line. The kits program was unable to find the specified input- path. The kits program was unable to find the specified output-path. The kits program cannot create an instctrl directory under output- path. Check that the user has write permission to output-path. One of the NAME, CODE, VERS, MI or ROOT values in the specified key-file is either missing or has a null value. The master inventory file pathname specified in the MI entry of the key-file cannot be found. Verify that the pathname is accessible from the current directory. There are no records in the master inventory file for a subset which is being kitted. Check the master inventory file for correctness of content and format. A subset name specified on the command line does not have a descriptor line in the key-file. Check the spelling of the subset name on the command line. Check the contents of the key-file. The compression option was specified in the key-file and an attempt to compress a subset failed. This should not happen. Run the kits program again. EXAMPLES
Produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the hierarchy /var/kits/input, and place the results in /var/kits/output. kits OAT100.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output Produce a kit using key file ULT400.k in the current directory to package files from the hierarchy /var/kits/input, and place the results in /var/kits/output, but create only the OATDCB100 subset. kits OAT100.k /var/kits/input /var/kits/output OATDCB100 FILES
Log of subset packaging activity SEE ALSO
invcutter(1), newinv(1), tarsets(1), setld(8) stl_comp(4), stl_ctrl(4), stl_image(4), stl_key(4), stl_mi(4), stl_scp(4) Guide to Preparing Product Kits kits(1)