Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xargs error: insufficient space for argument Post 302899110 by tange on Saturday 26th of April 2014 05:37:13 PM
Old 04-26-2014
So you want this line:

Code:
ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt 3 72 71

to run this command:

Code:
cat ACYPI002690-PA.aa.afa.afa.trim_phyml_tree_fullnames_fullhomolog.txt | awk "NR==3" | grep -Eo "comp[0-9]{1,6}_c[0-9]{1,2}" | sort | uniq | wc -l

If you have GNU Parallel you should be able to do:

Code:
cat file.txt | parallel --colsep '\s+' 'cat {1} | awk "NR=={2}" | grep -Eo "comp[0-9]{1,6}_c[0-9]{1,2}" | sort | uniq | wc -l'

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-26-2014 at 07:08 PM.. Reason: Added code tags, removed site reference.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

insufficient metadevice database replicas ERROR

First I would like to thank this forum for assisting me in setting up my 1st sunbox. Could not have done it if it had not been for you guys and google :D I have mirrored my box and have SUCCESSFULLY tested booting from the rootdisk and rootmirror successfully. I am now looking at configuring... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing single space in argument

I want to write a script which will check the arguments and if there is a single space(if 2 more more space in a row , then do not touch), replace it with _ and then gather the argument so, program will be ran ./programname hi hello hi usa now hello hello so, inside of program,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
7 Replies

3. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with insufficient swap or memory space

Hi, When I execute one of my shellscript I am getting the below mentioned error message .This application takes 2input files which have the records counts 26463 and 1178046 exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap or memory available. exec(2): insufficient swap... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
3 Replies

6. Programming

Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion

Hello, I have some Fortran code that is providing the following error: At line 1165 of lapc_shells_2.f Fortran runtime error: Insufficient data descriptors in format after reversion Here are the lines just above and including 1165: WRITE (*,"('ATTEMPTING TO READ PLATE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jm4smtddd
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sendmail error - 452 4.3.1 Insufficient system resources

Hi All, I am using svnnotify (which is available on net) script to send svn commit notification. Everything was working fine up to yesterday but from yesterday i started seeing error. 29CD01FCE44 7228 Thu Apr 5 11:11:51 apache@vm0001.host.com (host mail.mailserver.com said: 452... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishal_vsh1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts - space in argument (OPTARG)

Hi, I want to capture space as well from the argument eg: script.ksh -m "Message from xyz" -e "email@xyz.com" script.ksh -m 'Message from xyz' -e 'email@xyz.com' I am parsing using getopts, but for option "m" OPTARG is returning only "Message". Please use code tags next time for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs: multiple commands to each argument

Hello. There is my one-liner to get subjects of potential spam mails sudo exiqgrep -bf "spamer@example.com" |cut -d' ' -f1 |xargs -I ~ sudo /usr/sbin/exim -Mvh ~ |grep 'Subject: ' I want to insert blank line after each iteration to make output more readable. I tried sudo exiqgrep -bf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
ACCF_HTTP(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual					      ACCF_HTTP(9)

NAME
accf_http -- buffer incoming connections until a certain complete HTTP requests arrive SYNOPSIS
options INET pseudo-device accf_http DESCRIPTION
This is a filter to be placed on a socket that will be using accept() to receive incoming HTTP connections. Once installed on a listening socket, this filter is activated when a connection becomes ready to receive data (at which point accept(2) would usually return the connected descriptor to the application). The filter prevents the descriptor from being returned immediately to the application via accept(2). The descriptor is made available to the application via accept(2) only when one of the following conditions is met: 1. A complete, syntactically valid HTTP/1.0 or HTTP/1.1 HEAD or GET request has been buffered by the kernel. 2. The data buffered by the kernel cannot be part of a complete, syntactically valid HTTP 1.0 or HTTP/1.1 HEAD or GET request. The utility of accf_http is that a server will not have to context switch several times before performing the initial parsing of the request. This effectively reduces the amount of required CPU utilization to handle incoming requests by keeping active processes in preforking servers such as Apache low and reducing the size of the file descriptor set that needs to be managed by interfaces such as select(), poll() or kevent() based servers. EXAMPLES
If the accf_data accept filter is present in the kernel configuration, this will enable the http accept filter on the socket sok. struct accept_filter_arg afa; bzero(&afa, sizeof(afa)); strcpy(afa.af_name, "httpready"); setsockopt(sok, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ACCEPTFILTER, &afa, sizeof(afa)); SEE ALSO
setsockopt(2), accept_filter(9) HISTORY
The accept filter mechanism and the accf_http filter were introduced in FreeBSD 4.0. They were ported to NetBSD by Coyote Point Systems and appeared in NetBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
This manual page and the filter were written by Alfred Perlstein. BSD
September 4, 2008 BSD