Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX Post 302898815 by fpmurphy on Thursday 24th of April 2014 07:16:20 AM
Old 04-24-2014
You can probably use xmllint, which is part of libxml, if it is available on your platform as the core of your script.

Alternatively, if you have Java skills, you could use Apache Xerces.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Validating XSL sheet data in Unix Data file

Dear All, Need your help. In my day to day activities I have to validate/search Excel Sheet data (eg.say Application No. 0066782345) data into the Unix environment file whether the same data is present in that file or not. There are hundreds of records coming in excel file and I am doing grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravijunghare
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating Separator in unix

Hi I have an input CSV file which contains some values Format of file is as follows: 32R01000000003144476;32R01000000029054270;1000;6000;12/12/2007;0382521276;REG;Régulari I just need to validate it whether it is ';' seperated ie (if any other seperator is used it shld give an error) How do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theeights
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML against XSD

Hi Frnds I want to validate an xml file against its xsd using KSH. But dont have any idea on how to proceed:confused:.. Please help me with your ideas.. Thanks in advance.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Validate a CSV file using an XSD?

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a utility/perl library/way of validating the contents of a CSV file using an XSD. i.e. Customer csv (including Header & Trailer) Cust_num, Cust_nme, Cust_typ, Cust_act_dte, Cust_loc, 101,Joe's Pizza,Retail,10121979,Detroit, 102,Sony... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luinzi
6 Replies

10. Programming

problem with xsd file creation

Hi every one, I am new to xml data files,I have two xml files with same data but only small difference as shown below <List> <number>1101</number> <Area>inner walls in a room.</Area> <Detection>less pressure.</Detection> <reason> <normal> <Component Num="15"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: veerubiji
1 Replies
libxml(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 libxml(3)

NAME
libxml - library used to parse XML files DESCRIPTION
The libxml library is used to parse XML files. Its internal document representation is as close as possible to the DOM (Document Object Model) interface, an API for accessing XML or HTML structured documents. The libxml library also has a SAX-like interface, which is designed to be compatible with expat(1). NOTE: SAX, the Simple API for XML, is a standard interface for event-based XML parsing, developed collaboratively by the members of the XML-DEV mailing list, currently hosted by OASIS. The expat library is a XML 1.0 parser written in C, which aims to be fully conforming. It is currently not a validating XML pro- cessor. The libxml library now includes a nearly complete XPath implementation. The XPath (XML Path Language) is a language for addressing parts of an XML document, designed to be used by both XSLT and XPointer. The libxml library exports Push and Pull type parser interfaces for both XML and html. FILES
/depot/lib/libxml_2.0.0/libxml.a static library /depot/lib/libxml_2.0.0/libxml.so shared library /depot/package/libxml_2.0.0/bin/xmllint binary application for parsing XML files AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com). Red Hat Inc. Manual page by Ziying Sherwin (sherwin@nlm.nih.gov), Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, U.S. National Library of Medicine. SEE ALSO
xmllint(1), libxslt(3), libexslt(3), xsltproc(1) 12 April 2000 libxml(3)