Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Copying existing OS to new inserted drives Post 302898733 by kmac22068 on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 03:00:11 PM
Old 04-23-2014
Yes looking to replace the old..

Iam thinking the dd command as well..

---------- Post updated at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:12 PM ----------

I guess this is not exactly how I understood this. I need to explain in a new thread so as not to confuse. My apologies!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

cd inserted event

:confused: i am programming in c and i need to start a procedure automatically when a cd is inserted. Anyone knows how can i do it? thanx (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: massimo_ratti
9 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

automatic copying files from external hard drives

I need to make it possible to automatically copy files from an external usb hard drive to a directory when i plug it in....if you can point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful....thanks a lot. :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: backman4sakn
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help needed with getting last inserted row id

Hi, I am working on a script that inserts one row of data at the time to a table. Among the fields of that table is the “serial” which is the auto increment. I need to be able to retrieve last inserted row id to use it for another insert. To retrieve last row id right after I do successful... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arushunter
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

folder existing and file existing

I want to look into a folder to see if there are any folders within it. If there are, I need to check inside each folder to see if it contains a .pdf file So If /myserver/myfolder/ contains a folder AND that folder conatins a .pdf file do X Else do Z I may have multiple folders and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Add existing user into an existing group

Pre: no gpasswd/adduser there is just usermod can be used, also there is no -a option for usermod. How should I add a user into a group? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert pipes for existing and non-existing records

I have a source file like this, L4058S462 34329094 F51010141TK1070000483L4058S462 34329094 0232384840 381892 182 5690 L4058S462 34329094 F51020141FIRST CLEARING, LLC A/C 3432-9094 L4058S462 34329094 F51030141JOHAN HOLMQVIST ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saravanamr
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Date from filename inserted into records

Hi Folks, I have below files in one directory: Spiross-MBP:AIRTEMP spirospap$ ls -1 CPK2004001 CPK2004002 CPK2004003 etc... JFK2003001 JFK2003002 JFK2003003 etc... TEB1999001 TEB1999002 TEB1999003 etc... Month/year is in Filename and also in the file Header, first line. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: spirospap
18 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)