Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Please share the command to get flash doms on AIX Post 302898715 by ibmtech on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 12:00:28 PM
Old 04-23-2014
2145 are SVC's (an inline virtualization), have you asked the storage admin whether they have SSD's (storage array) connected to same SAN as this one? I hope they are NOT playing mix and match on SAS's and SSD's.

I don't know why but I still believe they are all SAS disks.
This User Gave Thanks to ibmtech For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mounting a windows share on AIX

Hi, How can I mount a Windows share (over samba) on an AIX machine? I know there is a utility called smbmount on Linux, but alas, I cannot find out how to the same thing on AIX. anyone have any ideas? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: szahir1
3 Replies

2. AIX

Access windows share from AIX

How in AIX 5.1 can I access a windows shared drive without using NFS. I have looked into cifs but I can not seem to find the package that I need to install for AIX 5.1 if anyone can give me any further direction please let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to share a directory in AIX to access from Solaris and windows?

Hi All, I am basically new to this forum as well as AIX. To share some huge files between 2 servers I thought of creating a shared Directory in my AIX machine to access it in Solaris. I am very new to this AIX. Help me out how can u share a directory in AIX to access (mount) it on Solaris. Hope... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babuchoudary_g
2 Replies

4. SuSE

Map AIX share

I need some assistance creating a mount to a share on an AIX system on a SuSe Linux box. I haven't had any luck using the Connect to Server option within the gui, so I am assuming I need to use the 'mount' command but need some assitance with the syntax if this is the right way to go. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesis211
2 Replies

5. AIX

NFs share AIX 6.1 and 5.3 - bug ? -

Hi folks, Just get my 1st AIX 6.1 servers up and creating some NFS shares without issues. I can mount it from others AIX 6.1 systems but can't from 5.3. Permissions etc. are OK lcppa1261 45: pbrun mount lcppa1001:/export/images /mnt NFS server lcppa1001 not responding still trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclefab
1 Replies

6. AIX

NFS Share Setup On AIX

Hi all, I have one IBM AIX server (serverA) which is connected to the san storage. I have created a volume group and also file system (jfs2) and mounted to directory /profit. After that I created a NFS share for that directory and started the NFS daemon. Over at another server, which is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a_sim
1 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to share win folder in AIX

Hi, Iam unable to share WInXp folder in AIX, i configured samba, its working fine, i am able to access win folder from AIX by using samba but unbale to access AIX folder from Windows. bash-3.00# mount -v cifs -n Win_IP/Win_username/Win_passwd /Win_Folder /AIX-folder Result: There was an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpasha06
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ?

Hello, I've been using AIX cifs to mount windows XP shares with no problems till now. Now it's Windows Server 2008 R2 - no go: mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 /share1 /mountpt1 There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that device nsmb0 is in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

AIX to access Windows share

Are there any special requirements/tools needed for a AIX server to see (copy data) a Windows share? Only need 1-way copy (Windows-to-AIX). (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirkb
8 Replies

10. AIX

How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server?

Hi, How can we share a AIX drive on to Windows 2012 server. or vise versa. Note: Not using NFS/CIFS/samba. (*we are not able to use samba/NFS/CIFS for some reason) Requirement: How to have real time file sharing over the network between Windows and UNIX Do you guys have any ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies
MFI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    MFI(4)

NAME
mfi -- LSI MegaRAID SAS driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device pci device mfi Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): mfi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
This driver is for LSI's next generation PCI Express SAS RAID controllers. Access to RAID arrays (logical disks) from this driver is pro- vided via /dev/mfid? device nodes. A simple management interface is also provided on a per-controller basis via the /dev/mfi? device node. The mfi name is derived from the phrase "MegaRAID Firmware Interface", which is substantially different than the old "MegaRAID" interface and thus requires a new driver. Older SCSI and SATA MegaRAID cards are supported by amr(4) and will not work with this driver. Two sysctls are provided to tune the mfi driver's behavior when a request is made to remove a mounted volume. By default the driver will disallow any requests to remove a mounted volume. If the sysctl dev.mfi.%d.delete_busy_volumes is set to 1, then the driver will allow mounted volumes to be removed. HARDWARE
The mfi driver supports the following hardware: o LSI MegaRAID SAS 1078 o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8408E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 8480E o LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260 o Dell PERC5 o Dell PERC6 o IBM ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA o IBM ServeRAID-MR10i o Intel RAID Controller SROMBSAS18E FILES
/dev/mfid? array/logical disk interface /dev/mfi? management interface DIAGNOSTICS
mfid%d: Unable to delete busy device An attempt was made to remove a mounted volume. SEE ALSO
amr(4), pci(4), mfiutil(8) HISTORY
The mfi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.1. AUTHORS
The mfi driver and this manual page were written by Scott Long <scottl@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
The driver does not support big-endian architectures at this time. BSD
May 12, 2010 BSD