Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Softlink problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Softlink problem Post 302898541 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 22nd of April 2014 02:43:42 PM
Old 04-22-2014
1. $pwd/linkk
2. ln -s /home/guest/khare/AWK/linkk /home/guest/khare/AWK/done
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Questions on PATH env havinf softlink

I have a question regarding the PATH environment on SunOS. I am setting the PATH as - export PATH=$PATH:/bin and /bin has a softlink as lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct 1 2004 /bin -> ./usr/bin So, will this path will work for the bin having the softlink? Thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xgr3
1 Replies

2. Solaris

problem in finding a hardware problem

Hi I am right now facing a strange hardware problem. System get booted with the following error: Fatal Error Reset CPU 0000.0000.0000.0003 AFSR 0100.0000.0000.0000 SCE AFAR 0000.07c6.0000.1000 SC Alert: Host System has Reset It happen 4 or 5 times and get the same error every time.I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
8 Replies

3. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 10- cant create softlink

bash-3.00# ln -s /lib /usr/lib ln: cannot create /usr/lib/lib: File exists bash-3.00# (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mail Problem. Maybe, it is a DNS Problem!

Hi, i've a redhat linux 9 upadated by redhat from 7 version to 9 version. A couple of days ago i was a problem with my mail, in other words i'm not able to get any email nor to send any email. I've a proxy configuration and i tried to set iptables in order to verify the port. The 110,255 and 995... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pintalgi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink

i am new to UNIX environment please tell me how to identify a link whether it is a Hardlink or Softlink ? what is the command? thank you all .......:o:o (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasith90
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

Problem with forwarding emails (SPF problem)

Hi, This is rather a question from a "user" than from a sys admin, but I think this forum is apropriate for the question. I have an adress with automatic email forwarding and for some senders (two hietherto), emails are bouncing. This has really created a lot of problems those two time so I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carwe
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Softlink Issue

Hi, We have a directory /oracle/UD1/sapdata1,since sapdata1 had no space we created a directory under /oracle/UD1/orarch/sapdata1 and soft linked /oracle/UD1/sapdata1 to /oracle/UD1/orarch/sapdata1 . Is there any way I can see if the files are being actually written to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddy1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Softlink directory name not working on SUN

I am facing a peculiar problem on SUN machine. There is a soft link pointing to a directory. And there is a shell script inside this soft link which is trying to get the directory name from where this script is being executed. NAME="$(cd $(dirname $0); pwd)" I want to fetch the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tirthankar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed Or Grep Problem OR Terminal Problem?

I don't know if you guys get this problem sometimes at Terminal but I had been having this problem since yesterday :( Maybe I overdid the Terminal. Even the codes that used to work doesn't work anymore. Here is what 's happening: * I wanted to remove lines containing digits so I used this... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nexeu
25 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)