Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Porting script from Solaris to Linux Post 302898344 by MadeInGermany on Monday 21st of April 2014 02:56:58 PM
Old 04-21-2014
If you pipe from gunzip or to gzip instead of using the tar z option then it works with any tar.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Porting to solaris

I have ported a c program to solaris. When I run , it gives me segmentation fault error at line :- memcpy ((char *)a_string ,(char *)0, MAX_READ ) ; originally this was in reliant unix as :- memcpy ( a_string , 0 , MAX_READ ) ; Can somebody help me about this ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suds19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX to linux porting

Hi all, i wanted to port some HP-UX code to linux. can anybody point to some documents or resources that would help me in doing the porting.. thanks in advance Arun Prakash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunprakash
0 Replies

3. Programming

porting solaris to BSD

Hi i have a C program that i need to port from solaris to BSD The flags i pass on CC in solaris are -lsocket -lnsl I use sockets and threads anyone know flags for BSD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yngwie
1 Replies

4. AIX

pgrep substitute for porting a linux script to AIX 5.x

Hi, I'm trying to get this script to work on an AIX 5.3 box, I couldn't get pgrep for AIX, I also realize that ps works differently on the IBM boxes. Could anybody just give me the specifics of a work around for my problem, I'll adjust the whole script: #!/bin/bash # applabs.com #to do: #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebytegrill
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

porting shell script from Linux to AIX.

Hi, I am porting one shell script from Linux to AIX. I had .ksh file and i have changed it to .sh file for aix. on linux this script is running fine but on aix it gives me "unexpected end of file" error. Could any one suggest me what to do to port this script error free? Thanks in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joy_1
6 Replies

6. Linux

when porting from HP-UX to Linux

helo, i m porting HP-UX socket application to Linux SSL-socket application. I have use htonl() in HP-UX. so when i use it in Linux, data transf is not done and application become soem time crashed. now when i remove htonl() in linux, then i got data but it will not proper order or some data may... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Porting a Linux Driver to Solaris

Hi all, Has anyone experience with proting a Linux driver (C-code) to Solaris 10? I have a Sunix SATA card with a inicio1622 chipset, but no driver available. From the website of inicio I downloaded the drivercode for Linux 2.4. Having done some investigation I found a Solaris driver... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: longwave
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Porting from Solaris to Linux

Can any one please help the use of "cu command in Solaris" and as well as in Linux :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sabee.prakash
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Porting graphical Solaris application to Linux

I don't expect any quick answers, but if people have links to resources I can investigate I'd be extremely appreciative. Here is what we have today: The "application" is a multi-process train control system that uses the Unix desktop, currently CDE, several motif-based applications and sound,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paz9
8 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)