Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Input form to update configuration files Post 302898262 by bakunin on Monday 21st of April 2014 05:02:03 AM
Old 04-21-2014
Probably some CGI-scripting should work for that: "behind" the form the user sends there is a script of some sort picking up the values and doing something with them (i.e. write a config file).

CGI is an API and you can use it from a wide range of programming languages. Many use perl for that, but you can also use any shell language and some others as well. That is more a matter of personal taste than one of technical requirements.

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mget * (obtein files from current directory but not the files form sub-directories)

Hello, Using the instruction mget (within ftp) and with "Interactive mode off", I want to get all files from directory (DirAA), but not the files in sub-directories. The files names don't follow any defined rule, so they can be just letters without (.) period Directory structure example: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peter321
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a multi user input form

Hi All, Please ignore if terminology used is incorrect as I am new to Unix. I want to create a Multi user input form which looks something like this: ABCD TOOL Logged User: abcd12 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhu0007
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate input files and update

We have a job which we need to run on daily bases, before loading data in a table we need to validate whether the input file is received or not.Inputfile formatsrc_sps_d_Call_Center_Reporting_yyyymmdd_01.dat SPS-Service nameYYYY-yearMM-MonthDD-dayLike above we will get n number of files for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cgi to dump xml data from form input field

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which takes parse the web form find the input field and dump the data of that field into one xml file. The form looks like, <input type="button" id="btnSave" value="Save" onclick="saveXmlData()"/> <form name="submitForm"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jdp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read command line input and change it to some form

Hi, I want to write a small code in which script changes command line input to some form. Example script.sh a1 a2 a3 a4 ..... output should be "a1|a2|a3|....." Number of inputs in command line can be any variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read input files and merge them in given order and write them to input one param or one file

Dear Friends, I am looking for a shell script to merge input files into one file .. here is my idea: 1st paramter would be outfile file (all input files content) read all input files and merge them to input param 1 ex: if I pass 6 file names to the script then 1st file name as output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hyd1234
4 Replies

8. Linux

Unable to access CentOS setup Network Configuration after attempting Python update

I attempted to update Python on my CentOS 5.6 VM and have encountered some issues after then. Initially yum wouldn't work, but I have resolved that. However, now I am unable to access the Network Configuration section under setup. When I do select this option I see this at the command line: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies
Template::Plugin::CGI(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Template::Plugin::CGI(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::CGI - Interface to the CGI module SYNOPSIS
[% USE CGI %] [% CGI.param('parameter') %] [% USE things = CGI %] [% things.param('name') %] # see CGI docs for other methods provided by the CGI object DESCRIPTION
This is a very simple Template Toolkit Plugin interface to the "CGI" module. A "CGI" object will be instantiated via the following directive: [% USE CGI %] "CGI" methods may then be called as follows: [% CGI.header %] [% CGI.param('parameter') %] An alias can be used to provide an alternate name by which the object should be identified. [% USE mycgi = CGI %] [% mycgi.start_form %] [% mycgi.popup_menu({ Name => 'Color' Values => [ 'Green' 'Black' 'Brown' ] }) %] Parenthesised parameters to the "USE" directive will be passed to the plugin constructor: [% USE cgiprm = CGI('uid=abw&name=Andy+Wardley') %] [% cgiprm.param('uid') %] METHODS
In addition to all the methods supported by the "CGI" module, this plugin defines the following. params() This method returns a reference to a hash of all the "CGI" parameters. Any parameters that have multiple values will be returned as lists. [% USE CGI('user=abw&item=foo&item=bar') %] [% CGI.params.user %] # abw [% CGI.params.item.join(', ') %] # foo, bar AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin, CGI perl v5.16.3 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::CGI(3)