Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cronjob not working as intended Post 302898257 by sumitsks on Monday 21st of April 2014 02:56:08 AM
Old 04-21-2014
That's correct, because your script not able to find the below cmd
ec2-describe-instances --> What is this cmd for?
I think you have to call it with full path... or you may have to define it in your script and call.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp not working as cronjob

hi, I have a script that will automatically login into a server and get a file. it is working fine if i run it on a command line. however, when i tried to run it as a cron job, it is not working. what should i do? set timeout -1 spawn /usr/bin/sftp user1@server1 match_max 100000 expect... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tungaw2004
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working

I created a file in /u01/oradata directory as cronjb.ksh which contains following script 30 12 * * * /export/home/oracle/u01/oradata/rman.ksh '/export/home/oracle' is my root directory. I then moved cronjb.ksh file to my '/export/home/oracle' directory. i typed crontab cronjb.ksh. However my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not working as intended for password

Hi I have a script which uses expect and I run it on solaris 10 to set a common password for all users. I run it as `./script password` but when I tried to log into the system then I do not really have to type password, pressing ENTER on keyboard logs the user into system. (ssh) This below... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cronjob not working

I am trying to schedule a job via cronjob. Not sure what the problem is. below is my script and the error. 45 10 * * * /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh Error received. Your "cron" job on tama /u01/app/oracle/jpark/sched_exp_mis.sh produced the following output: ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrx1350
19 Replies

5. Solaris

cronjob not working

Hi All , I have a cron jobs that is not working while put inside cron. But on executing from manually, it works fine, Pl anyone find if there is anything wrong in the script. 30 22 * * 1-5 cd /home/ab90737/introscope/util/bin; ./batchgenerateReport.pl ../config/reps.config >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cronjob not working intermittently

Hi there I have a cronjob running on a sol 10 U6 server which runs every 15 minutes. The cronjob is a perl script. But I have noticed that after every few weeks the job stops running all of a sudden. There are other cronjobs running on the system from the same user and from other users which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinfuldips
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop not working in cronjob

Hi , While loop is not working when running script as cronjob. #!/usr/bin/bash xyz sleep 30 var=0 while do xyz commands done This script is working if I run it manually. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankush_mehra
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cronjob not working

Hi, I am trying to run a script through crontab but it doesn't run. The script sends an email of the logfile created.When I reun through command line it works perfectly but doesn't send any email through cron. There are othe jobs in cron wich runs perfectly. Please let me know if I am doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rossdba
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob is NOT working

Hi; Here is the output from crontab -l: 2,7,12,17,22,27,32,37,42,47,52,57 * * * * /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh > /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/histo_`date '+%Y%m%d%H%M'`.txtWhen I manually run the line: /var/tmp/gcsw/jmap_samples/jmap_script.sh >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP cronjob not working but manual working

Hi, Can anyone help me on my PHP cron not working, but when i do the manual it work. # manual run working /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php # crontab not working 55 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /root/dev/test.php Thank in advances Regards, FSPalero Please use CODE tags as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD