Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with 'pwd' command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with 'pwd' command Post 302898220 by emily on Sunday 20th of April 2014 04:26:35 PM
Old 04-20-2014
Thanks,
Trying to use your logic.

Greetings.
emily

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd Command and NIS mount points

I am running NIS, NFS and automount. If I execute % cd /xyz/data1 % pwd I get different results depending on the operating system. On SGI running Irix 6.5.x pwd returns /xyz/data1 On Redhat Linux 7.3 pwd returns /xyz/data1 BUT On Tru64 UNIX the pwd command returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agreenwo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd: A specified flag is not valid for this command.

Probably a very straight forward question but please be easy on me, I am v. new to UNIX! A script that I have runs the line tmp=`pwd -H` It works fine, but I needed to make a couple of other changes to the script, nowhere near this line but now this line reports: pwd: A specified flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paxton
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

COMMAND sed AND pwd

Hi, I should replace the string DIR_ZERO in the file FILE_OLD with the current directory path in FILE_NEW by using something like this: sed "s/DIR_ZERO/'$(pwd)'/" FILE_OLD > FILE_NEW but it doesn't work and I don't understand why...:confused: Thanks in advance!!! Giordano Bruno (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD COMMAND

Hi, Can you tell me if there is a command such as pwd which does not give me the absolute NFS pathname i.e. it starts with .autofs? At the moment on the unix when I use the 'pwd' command it always gives me the nfs pathname rather thanthe local pathname of which is what i want, is there an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

6. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the pwd to an export command through script?

I have an export command which exports the file which I specify to the specified location. It asks for an pwd and again to confirm the pwd, can some one help me to pass the pwd thru the script. cd /opt/var/SecureTransport/bin xml_export /opt/SecureTransport/var/logs/accounts_log.xml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making use of PWD command in the code

Hi all, Need some help in the following code. (Running this code at cygwin in windows vista) cat /home/ebanpan/Input_Logs/*.log > /home/ebanpan/Input_Logs/input.log sed '/^Total/d;/^Bye/d;/^Output has been logged/d' /home/ebanpan/Input_Logs/input.log > /home/ebanpan/output.log this code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bansalpankaj88
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Behaviour of pwd command in sh and ksh

I have a script as below. bash-3.00$ cat test.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh path=`pwd` echo $path var=$path/temp11 echo $var If run it is giving output bash-3.00$ ksh test.sh //var/tmp/SB2/miscellaneous //var/tmp/SB2/miscellaneous/temp11 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command Understanding :- . $PWD/.profile

Hi, I am new in unix, can anyone please explain the use of:- . $PWD/.profile Thanks, Sujoy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoyrchowdhury
5 Replies
TIME.CONF(5)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      TIME.CONF(5)

NAME
time.conf - configuration file for the pam_time module DESCRIPTION
The pam_time PAM module does not authenticate the user, but instead it restricts access to a system and or specific applications at various times of the day and on specific days or over various terminal lines. This module can be configured to deny access to (individual) users based on their name, the time of day, the day of week, the service they are applying for and their terminal from which they are making their request. For this module to function correctly there must be a correctly formatted /etc/security/time.conf file present. White spaces are ignored and lines maybe extended with '' (escaped newlines). Text following a '#' is ignored to the end of the line. The syntax of the lines is as follows: services;ttys;users;times In words, each rule occupies a line, terminated with a newline or the beginning of a comment; a '#'. It contains four fields separated with semicolons, ';'. The first field, the services field, is a logic list of PAM service names that the rule applies to. The second field, the tty field, is a logic list of terminal names that this rule applies to. The third field, the users field, is a logic list of users or a netgroup of users to whom this rule applies. For these items the simple wildcard '*' may be used only once. With netgroups no wildcards or logic operators are allowed. The times field is used to indicate the times at which this rule applies. The format here is a logic list of day/time-range entries. The days are specified by a sequence of two character entries, MoTuSa for example is Monday Tuesday and Saturday. Note that repeated days are unset MoMo = no day, and MoWk = all weekdays bar Monday. The two character combinations accepted are Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su Wk Wd Al, the last two being week-end days and all 7 days of the week respectively. As a final example, AlFr means all days except Friday. Each day/time-range can be prefixed with a '!' to indicate "anything but". The time-range part is two 24-hour times HHMM, separated by a hyphen, indicating the start and finish time (if the finish time is smaller than the start time it is deemed to apply on the following day). For a rule to be active, ALL of service+ttys+users must be satisfied by the applying process. Note, currently there is no daemon enforcing the end of a session. This needs to be remedied. Poorly formatted rules are logged as errors using syslog(3). EXAMPLES
These are some example lines which might be specified in /etc/security/time.conf. All users except for root are denied access to console-login at all times: login ; tty* & !ttyp* ; !root ; !Al0000-2400 Games (configured to use PAM) are only to be accessed out of working hours. This rule does not apply to the user waster: games ; * ; !waster ; Wd0000-2400 | Wk1800-0800 SEE ALSO
pam_time(8), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_time was written by Andrew G. Morgan <morgan@kernel.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 TIME.CONF(5)