Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on searching for a string on multiple files Post 302897946 by sayami00 on Thursday 17th of April 2014 06:14:00 AM
Old 04-17-2014
you can also try like this for getting common from all three files .

Code:
awk -F "." '{if(FILENAME=="server1"){flag1[$1]=1;}else if(FILENAME=="server2"){flag2[$1]=1;}else{if(flag1[$1]==1 && flag2[$1]==1){print $0 >"common.txt"}}}' server1 server2 server3

here is the output files

Code:
> cat common.txt 
Service "test01_app.inq.com.ph" has 1 instance(s

)

or

for getting common and difference

Code:
cat server1 server2 server3 | sort | uniq > all_files #combining all three files. 
awk -F "." '{if(FILENAME=="server1"){flag1[$1]=1;}else if(FILENAME=="server2"){flag2[$1]=1;}else if(FILENAME=="server3"){flag3[$1]=1;}else{if(flag1[$1]==1 && flag2[$1]==1 && flag3[$1]==1){print $0 >"common.txt"} else{print $0 > "not_common"}}}' server1 server2 server3 all_files

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching multiple files with multiple expressions

I am using a DEC ALPHA running Digital UNIX (formly DEC OSF/1) and ksh. I have a directory with hundreds of files that only share the extension .rpt. I would like to search that directory based on serial number and operation number and only files that meet both requirements to be printed out. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anahka
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for files with certain string pattern

Hello All I would like to search for files containing certain string pattern under all the directories under /vobs/vobname and print the output to a file in my home directory. How can I do this? Note: /vobs/vobname conatins several directories. Thank You in advance newbetounix (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intrigue
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple patterns in files

I have a situation where I need to search for multiple strings (error messages) such as 'aborted' 'file not found' etc in directory having logs. I have put all the error messages in a text file and using the command. grep -f <textfile> <filetobegrepped> I'm doing this thru a script where I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bornon2303
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a word in multiple files

Hi All, I have a issue in pulling some heavy records , I have my input file has 10,000 records which i need to compare with daily appended log files from (sep 1st 2009 to till date) . I tried to use grep fgrep and even sed , but the as time is factor for me , i cannot wait for 5 days to get the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching across multiple files if pattern is available in all files searched

I have a list of pattern in a file, I want each of these pattern been searched from 4 files. I was wondering this can be done in SED / AWK. say my 4 files to be searched are > cat f1 abc/x(12) 1 abc/x 3 cde 2 zzz 3 fdf 4 > cat f2 fdf 4 cde 3 abc 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep in Perl - Searching through multiple files

I'm attempting to use grep in Perl with very little success. What I would like to do in Perl is get the output of the following grep code: grep -l 'pattern' * This gives me a list of all the files in a directory that contain the pattern that was searched. My attempts to do this in Perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for similar row(s) across multiple files

Hello Esteemed Members, I need to write a script to search for files that have one or more than one rows similar. Please note that there is no specific pattern that I am searching for. The rows can be different, I just need to find out two or more similar records in two or more files. There... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
7 Replies

10. BSD

Searching in multiple files

I am new to unix and I would like to search multiple log files to find earliest occurrence of a text. Ex: Say I have 10 logs file each ending with .log and I want to find the text “CustomeError” . I want to find the which log file “CustomeError” comes first and lines which surround’s ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim john
4 Replies
MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)

NAME
mono-server2-admin - mono-server2 hosts file creator, hosts file is part of the debianized mod_mono package SYNOPSIS
mono-server2-admin.conf [action] [args] OPTIONS Actions: add Use 'add' if you want to create an application and want mono-server2 scripts to manage it del If you want to remove an application Args: --path The path where you have your aspx files, MUST EXISTS!, required only with add action --app The name of your application --libs If you have dlls outside your path, you must use this! --port Needed if you are running multiple virtual hosts in different ports in Apache --vhost If you want to add asp.net support to a virtualhost you must use this. Example: foobar.com DESCRIPTION
mono-server2-admin.conf is a perl tool to adminstrate your ASP.NET webapps that will be executed with mod_mono. When you try to add an application, admin.conf will verify that your path exists, if it is, it will add a directory inside /etc/xsp/conf.d with the name of your app, and also as a file with the filename format: 10_appname. This file will have the information (path, app). So, when mono-xsp-update.conf is executed it will read those dirs and create a debian.webapp in /etc/xsp that the xsp daemon will read, also with a mono-server2-hosts.conf that will have your directory settings with apache directives. Apache will read mono-server2-hosts.conf! AUTHOR
Pablo Fischer <pablo@pablo.com.mx> perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 MONO-SERVER2-ADMIN(8)