Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exec goes outside of loop
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Exec goes outside of loop Post 302897776 by omonoiatis9 on Wednesday 16th of April 2014 01:21:47 AM
Old 04-16-2014
well we are talking about a lot of users connecting to the system so it is better to try to minimize the load on it whenever possible. its better to build something right from the beginning and have more chances of keeping it up and running without problems rather just do something if is something happens then you try to find out what can you do

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec

In exec function say when i would like to remove the files exec rm{}\; Why is this "\" needed immediately after {} and what if i dont give it? TIA, Nisha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nisha
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exec

I have read that exec "replaces the current process with a new one". So I did $ exec ls and after this executed, my shell disappeared. I am assuming that my shell had PID xyz, and when I did exec ls, this ls got pid xyz, and when it terminated, there was no more shell process running, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with -exec cp command.

I have a ksh script that contains the following: find /dir1/dir2 -type f -name "FILE.*" -newer /dir1/dir2/afterme.txt -exec cp /dir1/dir2/dir3 {} \; When I run it from the cli, it runs fine. When I run it from the ksh script I get find: missing argument to `-exec' I also tried -exec cp... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
40 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with use of `` vs exec

Hi all, I had an issue regarding use of `` or exec in perl . `` are considered to be unsafe. Why? In my case an user would be giving some parameters as input and I will form an command of it and execute it using ``. It is important to capture output as i have to parse the output. As well as I need... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharadiaam
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

-exec cp

Hi, on AIX 6.L I want to copy the result of grep -v to test directory then : `hostname`@oracle$ls -l | grep -v RINT -exec cp {} test grep: can't open -exec grep: can't open cp grep: can't open {} test:°`. Can you help me ? Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exec

Hi, i don't understand this part of one script exec >> $Log_File 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Find and EXEC

This is a huge issue. and I need it fixed ASAP. account-system gate-system race_traffic_sensor achievement-system global race_voicepack admin glue-system realdriveby admin-system gps realism-system... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: austech360
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using -exec with and without -name

Hi, I need to delete the last N days file using find. I am trying to use find . -mtime -10 -print which lists down required files. but when i use find . -mtime -10 -exec ls -lrt {} \; it gives me all files in the directory including the required files but the required files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: v_m1986
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Variables Inquiry, Values Okay in Standalone Exec, No-Show in Cron Exec

I have the following bash script lines in a file named test.sh. #!/bin/bash # # Write Date to cron.log # echo "Begin SSI Load $(date +%d%b%y_%T)" # # Get the latest rates file for processing. # d=$(ls -tr /rms/data/ssi | grep -v "processed" | tail -n 1) filename=$d export filename... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginowms
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
DM.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							DM.CONF(5)

NAME
dm.conf -- dungeon master configuration file DESCRIPTION
The dm.conf file is the configuration file for the dm(8) program. It consists of lines beginning with one of three keywords, badtty, game, and time. All other lines are ignored. Any tty listed after the keyword badtty may not have games played on it. Entries consist of two white-space separated fields: the string badtty and the ttyname as returned by ttyname(3). For example, to keep the uucp dialout, ``tty19'', from being used for games, the entry would be: badtty /dev/tty19 Any day/hour combination listed after the keyword time will disallow games during those hours. Entries consist of four white-space separated fields: the string time, the unabbreviated day of the week and the beginning and ending time of a period of the day when games may not be played. The time fields are in a 0 based, 24-hour clock. For example, the following entry allows games playing before 8AM and after 5PM on Mondays: time Monday 8 17 Any game listed after the keyword game will set parameters for a specific game. Entries consist of five white-space separated fields: the keyword game, the name of a game, the highest system load average at which the game may be played, the maximum users allowed if the game is to be played, and the priority at which the game is to be run. Any of these fields may start with a non-numeric character, resulting in no game limitation or priority based on that field. The game default controls the settings for any game not otherwise listed, and must be the last game entry in the file. Priorities may not be negative. For example, the following entries limits the game ``hack'' to running only when the system has 10 or less users and a load aver- age of 5 or less; all other games may be run any time the system has 15 or less users. game hack 5 10 * game default * 15 * FILES
/etc/dm.conf The dm(8) configuration file. SEE ALSO
setpriority(2), ttyname(3), dm(8) BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD