Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6.0 new install checksum errors Post 302897763 by bigbug on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 10:13:36 PM
Old 04-15-2014
Hardware set up

HP ML310 G2 Pent - 4 3.2 gGHz 800 Mhz 1 MB L2 2 gigs ram
HP Smart Array 6400 with two 73 GB SCSI set as raid 1+0 ( mirrored )
This is all supported hardware according to SCO.
The install went well and system is functioning .
Just the file size and checksum errors .
I am using x windows on Alt / F2 . and all seems to work .
No errors during boot other than registration . It is a licensed system.
I should point out that the Openserver 6.0 license is an upgrade from 5.0.5 or earlier that is on the old server and that i did a new install. This Ml310 did have a Windows 2003 Server operating system on it before i did the SCO install.
Could some kind of remnants be causing this ?
The install CD 's used are original SCO disks..
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you JGT

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Errors while trying to install software on SuSE 9.2 Pro

First off I try to install XTheater on SuSE 9.2 Pro I run the ./configure command and this is what I get chris@linux:~/Desktop/Xtheater-0.9.2> ./configure loading cache ./config.cache checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: CTroxtell21
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 Tape Drive errors

hi guys, I.m trying to remove and add a new tape drive by using the mkdev tape command and when i try to update the Kernel this is what i'm getting, i386ld: Symbol Sdsk_no_tag in /var/opt/K/SCO/link/1.1.1Eb/etc/conf/pack.d/blad/s pace.o is multiply defined. First defined in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

3. SCO

How can I install SCO 2.1 ?

Hi, server at my job got crashed & I'm looking forward to install Unix Sco 2.1 I don't have any idead about it. Pls guide me. Thanks & Regards nancy :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nensee7
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5 Backup Errors

I know very little about UNIX, (so please type slow enough so that I can understand). I have inherited an old UNIX SCO OpenServer 5 that is used to run Dentech, a dental office practice management software program. I need to extract the database so that it could be converted for use in a newer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpmaps
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

FFMPEG install on 10.4.11, errors compiling and also using port

i've got an older white macbook running 10.4.11. about 5 years old i think. trying to install ffmpeg in 2 different ways. having errors on both. first tried this one: ffmpeg installation on Mac OSX and i got this error when i got down to "make" on the ffmpeg itself make(350) malloc: ***... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Wireshark UDP checksum bad checksum

Hello I am communicating with two devices using my computer over UDP protocol. The application is running fine. When I monitored the UDP traffic using Wireshark software, I found that there were too many Checksum errors. Please find attached the png file showing this error. I am about to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AustinCann
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutillidae Install Producing Odd Database Errors

Having some trouble installing Mutillidae on my Debian system. I downloaded the latest version from here and unzipped the file inside /var/www/html. I created a database for the web interface to use, granted permissions and tested I could log into it from the command-line. When I started it up I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Azrael
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Yum install command -errors

i having this error message when installing a package using yum on red hat 7.2 Please see attachment (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: DOkuwa
21 Replies
XInstallColormap()														XInstallColormap()

Name
  XInstallColormap - install a colormap.

Synopsis
  XInstallColormap(display, colormap_return)
	Display *display;
	Colormap colormap_return;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

colormap_return
	    Specifies the colormap to install.

Description
  XInstallColormap()  installs a virtual colormap into a hardware colormap.  If there is only one hardware colormap, XInstallColormap() loads
  a virtual colormap into the hardware colormap.  All windows associated with this colormap immediately display  with  their  chosen  colors.
  Other windows associated with the old colormap will display with false colors.  If additional hardware colormaps are possible, XInstallCol-
  ormap() loads the new hardware map and keeps the existing ones.  Other windows will then remain in their true colors unless the  limit  for
  colormaps has been reached.  If the maximum number of allowed hardware colormaps is already installed, an old colormap is swapped out.  The
  MinCmapsOfScreen(screen) and MaxCmapsOfScreen(screen) macros can be used to determine how many hardware colormaps are supported.

If colormap_return is not already an installed map, a ColormapNotify event is generated  on  every  window  having  colormap_return  as  an
  attribute.   If  a colormap is uninstalled as a result of the install, a ColormapNotify event is generated on every window having that col-
  ormap as an attribute.

Colormaps are usually installed and uninstalled by the window manager, not by clients.  At any time, there is a  subset  of  the  installed
  colormaps,  viewed  as  an ordered list, called the "required list."	The length of the required list is at most the min_maps specified for
  each screen in the Display structure.  When a colormap is installed with XInstallColormap() it is added to the head of  the  required  list
  and  the last colormap in the list is removed if necessary to keep the length of the list at min_maps.  When a colormap is uninstalled with
  XUninstallColormap() and it is in the required list, it is removed from the list.  No other actions by the server or the client change  the
  required list.  It is important to realize that on all but high-performance workstations, min_maps is likely to be 1.  If the hardware col-
  ormap is immutable, and therefore installing any colormap is impossible, XInstallColormap() will work but not do anything.

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 7, Color.

Errors
  BadColor  Invalid colormap.

See Also
  XDefaultColormap(), XDisplayCells(), XCopyColormapAndFree(), XCreateColormap(), XFreeColormap(), XGetStandardColormap(), XListInstalledCol-
  ormaps(), XSetStandardColormap(), XSetWindowColormap(), XUninstallColormap().

Xlib - Colormaps														XInstallColormap()