Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with spacewalk
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with spacewalk Post 302897612 by phanidhar6039 on Tuesday 15th of April 2014 06:29:38 AM
Old 04-15-2014
Help with spacewalk

Hi,

Recently i have installed and configured spacewalk server 2.0 on centos 6 for learning and got struck at a couple of places as below apart

1. i wish to automatically deploy the central configuration files onto the spacewalk client without manual intervention after using the kickstart file for new client. i have checked the boxes to use global config file but when spacewalk server tries to implement this it gets an error as in attachments.

2. when i install a new client using kickstart file i get 240 minutes interval for checking post install scripts. on the server side i have tried to change it to 10 but when i have check the rhnsd man command i came to know that minimum is 60 minutes so is there any work around for this?

Thanks,
P
Help with spacewalk-01ksjpg
Help with spacewalk-1ksjpg
Help with spacewalk-02ksjpg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Spacewalk. Problem with adding SunOS system

Hello i tryed add SunOS system to Spacewalk and see this error: # cat /etc/release Solaris 10 10/08 s10s_u6wos_07b SPARC Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Spacewalk. Problem with adding the channel

OS: Fedora Linux 11 Spacewalk: 0.6 Installed by manual: https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall I download special script (create_channel.py) for registarion client from CLI and added 3 channel with 32-Bit architecture and all OK: Fedora 11 32-Bit RHEL 4.7 32-bit RHEL 5.3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Yum update not working from spacewalk server

Hello, I have registered an SLES11SP1 server with my spacewalk server however when I perform a 'yum repolist', I do not see my spacewalk server as one of the available repositories. So when I perform yum update (any-package), it does not find an update available. HOwever within the Spacewalk GUI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s ladd
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need help to setup Spacewalk

Hello, I am working onto setup a spacewalk as our centralized repository and kickstart server for our all centos servers. We have almost 60-70 servers running inhouse which all are on CentOS 5 or 6 x64. I am able to setup a spacewalk server on CentOS 6.5 x64 and able to access the console as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions?

Can anyone point me towards a list that shows which Satellite versions roughly align with which Spacewalk versions, in terms of functionality? Thanks in advance, Akbar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Spacewalk clone-by-date channel and kickstart

I'm using Spacewalk 2.6 and successfully created base CentOS 6 and 7 channels and can kickstart off those. However, I recently created 6.8 and 7.2 cloned channels with the spacewalk-clone-by-date command, but cannot kickstart from those. It seems that I may need to setup a kickstartable tree... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: regis123
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Spacewalk repodata/repomd.xml [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found

I Configured spacwalk 2.7 and synchronized the channels as the root FS was and the server was unresponsive through gui i deleted the cache in /var/cache/rhn & /var/cache/yum and ran yum clean all on the server as well as spacewalk client i could see the following error Loaded plugins: rhnplugin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: James0806
0 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)