Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: -bash-3.2$: not found
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting -bash-3.2$: not found Post 302897495 by newborndba on Monday 14th of April 2014 11:44:34 AM
Old 04-14-2014
Well, I used putty to connect to that box.
I am logged in as root (I know its bad but this is how we operate)
There is a directory /space/database/runinstaller.......
I executed this command from /space dir.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Found glich in 'bash'-shell !!!

Check this: alias ec=/usr/bin/echo src> ((1)) && { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } || { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } true false deep false src> if ((1)); then { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } else { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } fi true... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:vi:command not found

I downloaded and installed "Cygwin yesterday onto my PC running Windows XP. When I tried to type "vi" in Cygwin's window, I got the following message bash: vi: Command not found What shud i do inorder to get into vi editor Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/bash: Event not found.

Hi I'm new to scripting - please help me... I'm trying to run a script written by a friend: #!/bin/bash for aStat in .... do .... done when coping the script to the terminal I get: /bin/bash: Event not found. for: Command not found. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atira
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Not found - Bash script

I'm facing issues in executing the bash script of mine. This script will pick the latest file received and connects SFTP server and files is placed on this remote server. Error message Enter password: "File movement" sftp> cd Test sftp> put Test_File_201309.txt File "Test_File_201309.txt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

I have a backdoor in my OS X? This is what I found in my bash history

That's what appears at the beginning of my bash history (when you type "open .bash_history" in terminal) sudo -k export PS1="";sudo echo AUTHENTICATED;echo RETRY exit export PS1="" sudo echo AUTHENTICATED ; sudo -k ; echo AUTHENTIKILL ; echo PROCESSEDAUTHENTICATION sudo ls;sudo -k;exit;echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonathansmith
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found, but using function in bash

In the bash below, if the answer is "y" then goto function remove. If the answer is "n" then goto the id variable line (where the date is inputted). However, I am getting command remove not found, but remove is a function not an command. I must have the syntax incorrect? Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

-bash: sendmail: command not found

Hello Experts, I have been trying to send a test mail in our linux server with sendmail command.But I am getting command not found error message. -->when I tried whether sendmail installed or not with the command rpm -qa sendmail* I got the below, sendmail-cf-8.14.4-8.el6.noarch... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
26 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip if file not found in bash?

Hello, I have a question regarding while loop and existence of files. I am running under ubuntu 18.04 bionic, have around fifty video files inside the directory. script: for file in *.mp4 do /root/bin/ffmpeg -i $file \ -i $(basename "${file/.mp4}").bs.srt \ -i $(basename... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oracle - Manages an Oracle Database instance SYNOPSIS
oracle [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | methods | meta-data] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for oracle. Manages an Oracle Database instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). (required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID along with its home should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user The Oracle owner (aka ORACLE_OWNER). If not specified, then it is set to the owner of file $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/*${ORACLE_SID}.ora. If this does not work for you, just set it explicitely. (optional, string, no default) ipcrm Sometimes IPC objects (shared memory segments and semaphores) belonging to an Oracle instance might be left behind which prevents the instance from starting. It is not easy to figure out which shared segments belong to which instance, in particular when more instances are running as same user. What we use here is the "oradebug" feature and its "ipc" trace utility. It is not optimal to parse the debugging information, but I am not aware of any other way to find out about the IPC information. In case the format or wording of the trace report changes, parsing might fail. There are some precautions, however, to prevent stepping on other peoples toes. There is also a dumpinstipc option which will make us print the IPC objects which belong to the instance. Use it to see if we parse the trace file correctly. Three settings are possible: - none: don't mess with IPC and hope for the best (beware: you'll probably be out of luck, sooner or later) - instance: try to figure out the IPC stuff which belongs to the instance and remove only those (default; should be safe) - orauser: remove all IPC belonging to the user which runs the instance (don't use this if you run more than one instance as same user or if other apps running as this user use IPC) The default setting "instance" should be safe to use, but in that case we cannot guarantee that the instance will start. In case IPC objects were already left around, because, for instance, someone mercilessly killing Oracle processes, there is no way any more to find out which IPC objects should be removed. In that case, human intervention is necessary, and probably _all_ instances running as same user will have to be stopped. The third setting, "orauser", guarantees IPC objects removal, but it does that based only on IPC objects ownership, so you should use that only if every instance runs as separate user. Please report any problems. Suggestions/fixes welcome. (optional, string, default instance) clear_backupmode The clear of the backup mode of ORACLE. (optional, boolean, default false) shutdown_method How to stop Oracle is a matter of taste it seems. The default method ("checkpoint/abort") is: alter system checkpoint; shutdown abort; This should be the fastest safe way bring the instance down. If you find "shutdown abort" distasteful, set this attribute to "immediate" in which case we will shutdown immediate; If you still think that there's even better way to shutdown an Oracle instance we are willing to listen. (optional, string, default checkpoint/abort) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 120. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oracle resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_oracle ocf:heartbeat:oracle params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="120" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oracle_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORACLE(7)