Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: -bash-3.2$: not found
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting -bash-3.2$: not found Post 302897490 by vbe on Monday 14th of April 2014 11:32:45 AM
Old 04-14-2014
How do you connect to the box?
where are you when you executed the command above?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Found glich in 'bash'-shell !!!

Check this: alias ec=/usr/bin/echo src> ((1)) && { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } || { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } true false deep false src> if ((1)); then { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } else { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } fi true... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:vi:command not found

I downloaded and installed "Cygwin yesterday onto my PC running Windows XP. When I tried to type "vi" in Cygwin's window, I got the following message bash: vi: Command not found What shud i do inorder to get into vi editor Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/bash: Event not found.

Hi I'm new to scripting - please help me... I'm trying to run a script written by a friend: #!/bin/bash for aStat in .... do .... done when coping the script to the terminal I get: /bin/bash: Event not found. for: Command not found. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atira
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Not found - Bash script

I'm facing issues in executing the bash script of mine. This script will pick the latest file received and connects SFTP server and files is placed on this remote server. Error message Enter password: "File movement" sftp> cd Test sftp> put Test_File_201309.txt File "Test_File_201309.txt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

I have a backdoor in my OS X? This is what I found in my bash history

That's what appears at the beginning of my bash history (when you type "open .bash_history" in terminal) sudo -k export PS1="";sudo echo AUTHENTICATED;echo RETRY exit export PS1="" sudo echo AUTHENTICATED ; sudo -k ; echo AUTHENTIKILL ; echo PROCESSEDAUTHENTICATION sudo ls;sudo -k;exit;echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonathansmith
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found, but using function in bash

In the bash below, if the answer is "y" then goto function remove. If the answer is "n" then goto the id variable line (where the date is inputted). However, I am getting command remove not found, but remove is a function not an command. I must have the syntax incorrect? Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

-bash: sendmail: command not found

Hello Experts, I have been trying to send a test mail in our linux server with sendmail command.But I am getting command not found error message. -->when I tried whether sendmail installed or not with the command rpm -qa sendmail* I got the below, sendmail-cf-8.14.4-8.el6.noarch... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
26 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip if file not found in bash?

Hello, I have a question regarding while loop and existence of files. I am running under ubuntu 18.04 bionic, have around fifty video files inside the directory. script: for file in *.mp4 do /root/bin/ffmpeg -i $file \ -i $(basename "${file/.mp4}").bs.srt \ -i $(basename... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
DROP 
DATABASE(7) SQL Commands DROP DATABASE(7) NAME
DROP DATABASE - remove a database SYNOPSIS
DROP DATABASE name INPUTS name The name of an existing database to remove. OUTPUTS DROP DATABASE This message is returned if the command is successful. DROP DATABASE: cannot be executed on the currently open database You cannot be connected to the database you are about to remove. Instead, connect to template1 or any other database and run this command again. DROP DATABASE: may not be called in a transaction block You must finish the transaction in progress before you can call this command. DESCRIPTION
DROP DATABASE removes the catalog entries for an existing database and deletes the directory containing the data. It can only be executed by the database owner (usually the user that created it). DROP DATABASE cannot be undone. Use it with care! NOTES This command cannot be executed while connected to the target database. Thus, it might be more convenient to use the shell script dropdb [dropdb(1)], which is a wrapper around this command, instead. Refer to CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)] for information on how to create a database. COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 DROP DATABASE statement is a PostgreSQL language extension; there is no such command in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 DROP DATABASE(7)