Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: -bash-3.2$: not found
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting -bash-3.2$: not found Post 302897490 by vbe on Monday 14th of April 2014 11:32:45 AM
Old 04-14-2014
How do you connect to the box?
where are you when you executed the command above?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Found glich in 'bash'-shell !!!

Check this: alias ec=/usr/bin/echo src> ((1)) && { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } || { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } true false deep false src> if ((1)); then { ec "true"; ((0)) && { ec "deep true"; }; } else { ec "false"; ((1)) && { ec "deep false"; }; } fi true... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:vi:command not found

I downloaded and installed "Cygwin yesterday onto my PC running Windows XP. When I tried to type "vi" in Cygwin's window, I got the following message bash: vi: Command not found What shud i do inorder to get into vi editor Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Im new to bash scriping and i found this expression on a bash script what does this mean.

# check host value regex='^(||1|2|25)(\.(||1|2|25)){3}$' if ')" != "" ]; then if ]; then echo host $host not found exit 4 fi elif ]; then echo $host is an invalid host address exit 5 fi espeacailly the top regex part? ---------- Post updated at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous update was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevin298
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/bash: Event not found.

Hi I'm new to scripting - please help me... I'm trying to run a script written by a friend: #!/bin/bash for aStat in .... do .... done when coping the script to the terminal I get: /bin/bash: Event not found. for: Command not found. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atira
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Not found - Bash script

I'm facing issues in executing the bash script of mine. This script will pick the latest file received and connects SFTP server and files is placed on this remote server. Error message Enter password: "File movement" sftp> cd Test sftp> put Test_File_201309.txt File "Test_File_201309.txt"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: parpaa
6 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

I have a backdoor in my OS X? This is what I found in my bash history

That's what appears at the beginning of my bash history (when you type "open .bash_history" in terminal) sudo -k export PS1="";sudo echo AUTHENTICATED;echo RETRY exit export PS1="" sudo echo AUTHENTICATED ; sudo -k ; echo AUTHENTIKILL ; echo PROCESSEDAUTHENTICATION sudo ls;sudo -k;exit;echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonathansmith
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command not found, but using function in bash

In the bash below, if the answer is "y" then goto function remove. If the answer is "n" then goto the id variable line (where the date is inputted). However, I am getting command remove not found, but remove is a function not an command. I must have the syntax incorrect? Thank you :). ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

-bash: sendmail: command not found

Hello Experts, I have been trying to send a test mail in our linux server with sendmail command.But I am getting command not found error message. -->when I tried whether sendmail installed or not with the command rpm -qa sendmail* I got the below, sendmail-cf-8.14.4-8.el6.noarch... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devipriya Ch
26 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Has AudioScope found a bug in bash 4.4.5?

Using AudioScope.sh on Ubuntu 17.04 from a live DVD disc I came across an error. Consider the code below it is a MUCH shortened version of the KEYBOARD input in AudioScope. #!/bin/bash bash --version uname -a status=0 KEYBOARD() { read -r -p "Enter QUIT or EXIT to quit:- " kbinput if ||... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to skip if file not found in bash?

Hello, I have a question regarding while loop and existence of files. I am running under ubuntu 18.04 bionic, have around fifty video files inside the directory. script: for file in *.mp4 do /root/bin/ffmpeg -i $file \ -i $(basename "${file/.mp4}").bs.srt \ -i $(basename... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
12 Replies
installer(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     installer(1M)

NAME
installer - Solaris Web Start installer utility SYNOPSIS
installer [-locales list] [-nodisplay] [-noconsole] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
The installer utility invokes a Web Start install wizard sequence which will lead the user through a sequence of installation panels. This installer utility is found on many CDs that are shipped with Solaris and it will be found among the top level files of these CDs. When the installer is on a CD being accessed from a desktop file manager, the installer can be double clicked to start the installation sequence. If the user is not currently the system's root user, the root user password will be requested. The installer utility can also be run from other UNIX scripts. Usually, a script is used in conjunction with the utility's -nodis- play option. Add the -noconsole option for non-interactive scripts. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -locales list Selects product translations for install, corresponding to the specified list of locales if the specified locale transla- tions are present on the installation media. Locales are supplied in a comma-separated list following the -locales option. An example list would appear as follows: installer -locales fr,de,it This would install products with translations for the French, German, and Italian locales. -nodisplay Runs the install without a graphical user interface. Use the default product install unless it was modified by the -locales options. -noconsole Run the install without any interactive text console device. Useful when paired with -nodisplay for non-interactive UNIX script use. -debug Outputs extra information about what the install is doing. Mainly for install diagnostic purposes. FILES
/var/sadm/install/logs location of installation log files SEE ALSO
prodreg(1M) SunOS 5.10 11 December 2001 installer(1M)