Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse xml file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse xml file Post 302897252 by SriniShoo on Saturday 12th of April 2014 11:42:26 AM
Old 04-12-2014
Yes, it is possible
And your code is almost correct
Code:
 awk -F "[<>]" '/<Id>|<id>|<Source>|<source>|<Accession>|<accession>|<TestName>|<testname>/ {print $3}' Test.xml

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse a XML file using PERL and XML::DOm

I need to know the way. I have got parsing down some nodes. But I was unable to get the child node perfectly. If you have code please send it. It will be very useful for me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girigopal
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML file

Hi, I need to parse the following XML data enclosed in <a> </a> XML tag using shell script. <X> ..... </X> <a> <b> <c>data1</c> <c>data2</c> </b> <d> <c>data3</c> </d> </a> <XX> ... </XX> (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: viki
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String in XML file

Hello All, I am new to this and I need to parse an XML file. Here's the XML Input File: <Report version="1.2"> <summary fatals="0" testcases="1" expected_fails="0" unexpected_passes="0" warnings="9" tests="21" errors="0" fails="1" passes="20" /> <testresult... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I parse xml file?

How can I parse file containing xml ? I am sure that its best to use perl - but my perl is not very good - can someone help? Example below contents of file containing the xml - I basically want to parse the file and have each field contained in a variable.. ie. I want to store the account... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse an XML task list to create each task.xml file

I have an task definition listing xml file that contains a list of tasks such as <TASKLIST <TASK definition="Completion date" id="Taskname1" Some other <CODE name="Code12" <Parameter pname="Dog" input="5.6" units="feet" etc /Parameter> <Parameter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to parse the following xml file

Hi, I have the following file Example.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?> <html><set label="09/07/29" value="1241.90"/> </html> Can any one help me in parsing this xml file I want to retrive the attribute values of the tag set Example I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raji_gadam
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse xml file

Hello all, Given the following extract from a xml file with multiple <JOB> .... </JOB> entries <JOB APPLICATION="APP" APR="0" AUG="0" AUTHOR="AUT" AUTOARCH="0" CMDLINE="/tmp/test1 %%var" CONFIRM="1" CREATION_DATE="20100430" CREATION_TIME="130739" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

8. Programming

Parse XML file

How do I get the field info for tags ID, NAME, DESCRIPTION. Below is my current code put I can't get beyond the first_child of the file. use strict; use warnings; use XML::Simplehttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png; use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leemalloy
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parse xml file

HI Guys, Input .XML <xn:MeContext id="L0307"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> <xn:vsDataType>vsDataENodeBFunction</xn:vsDataType> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse XML File.

HI Guys I have Below XML File : <xn:SubNetwork id="XYZ"> <xn:SubNetwork id="C01"> <xn:MeContext id="CO1"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <un:RncFunction id="1"> <un:UtranCell id="NY431"> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD