Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hang NFS shell script check
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hang NFS shell script check Post 302897005 by vbe on Thursday 10th of April 2014 12:03:15 PM
Old 04-10-2014
Ever considered using touch rather than ls?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo logging + NFS hang?

Hi all, I have two problems, My system is SunOS 5.9: 1- I have installed sudo but I have a problem logging user activities on other hosts, the way I installed it is that I installed sudo and the sudoers file in a shared directory on a NFS server which is mounted by all computers on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neked
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in unix shell script so that no one is able to run the script manually

I want to create an automated script which is called by another maually executed script. The condition is that the no one should be able to manually execute the automated script. The automated script can be on the same machine or it can be on a remote machine. Can any one suggest a check in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adi_bang76
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NFS client subsystem hang up on boot

Hi, I have a Unix box running HP-UX 10.20 and it suddenly won't boot. Every time it goes down the boot checklist, it hangs on "NFS client subsystem" and just continues to say busy/wait. I have read something about the /etc/auto_master but don't quite understand what has to happen to fix it. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asheley Ryan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why Does this Shell Script Hang?

I have this short and simple shell script that processes a log file with the following format: and attempts to generate output in the following format: I've come up with the following, but for some reason, it only prints output correctly for the first line of the input file,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zoetermeer
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Df -h hang cant see any NFS storage

Hi all I had a server, when run the df -h command, it hang, and need to press "crtl+c" to terminate it. i cant other NFS filesystem anymore. but i try at other server, the NFS filesystem is work properly any idea on this? # mount -p /dev/md/dsk/d0 - / ufs - no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check if empty files are created and delete them and run a shell script

I have a local linux machine in which the files are dumped by a remote ubuntu server. If the process in remote server has any problem then empty files are created in local machine. Is there any way using perl script to check if the empty files are being created and delete them and then run a shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hussa1n
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

HPUX 11.11 NFS client hang

Hi. I'm having problems with my HP C8000 and 11.11 (ifs client needs to be restarted every week), trying to get it worked out. When I searched the web it seems, I require the following patches: PHKL_41041, PHKL_43823, PHKL_43577 Is there anyway to get hold of these packages? Many thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plantage
2 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

NFS mounted and unmounted shell script

Hi, I making a script to check nfs mount and unmount options. After various findings, i didn't get any solution for that. Can you please help me in making the script. 1) I have used, if grep -qs '/var/JETSHARE' /proc/mounts; then echo "It's mounted." else echo "It's not mounted. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santosh101
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount NFS Share On NFS Client via bash script.

I need a help of good people with effective bash script to mount nfs shared, By the way I did the searches, since i haven't found that someone wrote a script like this in the past, I'm sure it will serve more people. The scenario as follow: An NFS Client with Daily CRON , running bash script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian.t
4 Replies

10. AIX

AIX 5.3 NFS export not mounting, rpcinfo hang/timeout on server

Been trying to get a directory NFS-mounted with no success. I've tried both NFS v3 and v4, but currently trying v4. I can't figure out what's going on here. server: sbkovwadmd01 sbkovwadmd01# chnfsdom Current local domain: edw.dev sbkovwadmd01# lssrc -a | grep nfs | grep active nfsd ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eckertd
3 Replies
nfsd(1M)																  nfsd(1M)

NAME
nfsd - NFS daemon SYNOPSIS
#_conn] listen_backlog] protocol] device] [nservers] DESCRIPTION
is the daemon that handles client file system requests. Only users with sufficient privileges can run this daemon. The daemon is automatically invoked if and in the file. By default, starts over the TCP and UDP transports for version 2 and version 3, and over TCP for version 4, if NFS version 4 is enabled. One can change this with the option. A previously invoked daemon started with or without options must be stopped before invoking another command. Administrators wanting to change startup parameters for should make changes (as root user) to the NFS default file (see nfs(4)). Adminis- trators can either edit this file or use the command to make changes. Options The following options are supported: Start a NFS daemon over all available connectionless and connection-oriented transports, including UDP and TCP. Equivalent to set- ting the parameter to in the NFS default file. This sets the maximum number of connections allowed to the NFS server over connection-oriented transports. By default, the number of connections is unlimited. Equivalent to the parameter in the NFS default file. Set connection queue length for the NFS TCP over a connection-oriented transport. The default value is 32 entries. Equivalent to the parameter in the NFS default file. Start a NFS daemon over the specified protocol. Equivalent to the parameter in the NFS default file. Start a NFS daemon for the transport specified by the given device. Equivalent to the parameter in the NFS default file. Operands The following operands are supported: This sets the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests that the server can handle. This concurrency is achieved by up to nservers threads created as needed in the kernel. nservers should be based on the load expected on this server. 16 is the usual number of nservers. If nservers is not specified, the maximum number of concurrent NFS requests will default to 1. Changing the value of nservers requires stopping and restarting Equivalent to the parameter in the NFS default file. Notes A directory service that provides service name data base support must have the following service entries in its database: If the kernel tunable (see nfs_portmon(5)) is set to 1, then clients are required to use privileged ports (ports < IPPORT_RESERVED) to receive NFS services. This tunable is set to 0 by default. Use (see kctune(1M)) to set this tunable. By default, the NFS version 4 server is disabled. In order to enable it you must stop the NFS server. As root, either use the command (see setoncenv(1M)) or edit to set the parameter to 4. EXIT STATUS
Daemon started successfully. Daemon failed to start. WARNINGS
Manually starting and restarting is not recommended. If it is necessary to do so, use the NFS server start/stop script FILES
client machine pointer to an open-but-unlinked file. shell script for starting startup parameters for directories used by the server to manage client state information; these directories should not be removed. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), mountd(1M), setoncenv(1M), getservent(3N), nfs(4), nsswitch.conf(4), services(4), sharetab(4), nfs_portmon(5). nfsd(1M)