Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to decrypt audio data from magnetic tapes? Post 302896626 by Corona688 on Tuesday 8th of April 2014 11:28:07 AM
Old 04-08-2014
Well, what's your original software? How does it work? Only it can answer those questions.

It's probably extremely slow because it's a tape. To find any particular contents it must do a large amount of very slow seeking.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Magnetic card readers

i can't find any info on developing for magnetic card readers in the unix environment. I'm developing a POS system and i want it to include credit card verification. Any direction would be hot... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gekko
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tapes

is there a command to check unoccupied space on a tape ? AIX 3.2 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tapes

:confused: Hello!! I am a new UNIX user, and I need to back up some files, I have some old ones and I have been trying to delete the old information with 'mt erase' but I don't be sure if it works, and 'mt resert' but the it gave a message suggesting me to use 'scsiha -r' (but the last one... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scs
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MSR magnetic stripe card reader

Hi all I am working on MSR110 ...Can anyone plz tell me how to use the configuration commands with magnetic reader???. Please help me out as i have to develop API in C on linux platform.MSR110 is not responding to the configuration commands. Please help... Regards Mahima (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahima_er
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Magnetic Tape

Hello All, I am facing some problem with magnetic tape drive. Backups are coming properly with the tapes that we had previously mt st give o/p as below .. root@server1:/ 2ksh# mt st Quantum Super DLT 320 tape drive: sense key(0x6)= Unit Attention residual= 0 retries= 0 file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

vxdump with more tapes

Hi Community, I've a V440 Sun Server with 2 device tape of 72GB. I have to backup a folder of 80 GB, so I have to use 2 tapes of 72GB (144 GB); If I use vxdump command which are the options that I have to use? When the first tape finishes does the system stop the backup? Please help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing/copying files from magnetic optical disk

I am trying to list the name of files on an MOD - I use the command tar vtf /MOD_DRIVE|more and I get a nice list of filenames/directories on this particular MOD. When I put in another MOD that contains software options I get the error "directory checksum error". I would like to be able to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew_holm
2 Replies

8. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies

9. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies
audio2tape(1)							     Emulators							     audio2tape(1)

NAME
audio2tape - Sinclair ZX Spectrum audio to tape file converter SYNOPSIS
audio2tape [-t type] [-s] [-r] [-k] [-z level] [-c level] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
audio2tape converts audio files to ZX Spectrum tape images. OPTIONS
-t type causes type to be used as the level detection trigger. There are two triggers implemented; the simple trigger just uses a threshold value to convert to a one or zero on output, and the schmitt trigger implements a Schmitt trigger which outputs a less noisy signal, but requires a stronger signal to noise ratio than the simple trigger. The default trigger is "schmitt". -s causes the display of a frequency graph showing the sound levels present in the audio file. This can be useful when selecting good crossover points. -r causes any ROM blocks that are recognised to use idealised timing figures rather than the exact ones found in the audio file. -k causes the tape file that is produced to keep any audio data from the original audio file that isn't recognised. This will allow unsupported loading schemes, encryption tones etc. to be preserved in the file that is produced. -z level causes level to be used as the zero point in the supplied audio file, it allows adjustment for a DC offset in the audio file. The default level is 127 from a range of 0-255. -c level causes level to be used as the Schmitt trigger noise threshold, this reduces the sensitivity to noise in the provided file. The default level is 8 from a range of 0-127. infile specifies the audio file to be converted. This file can be in any of the tape formats supported by libaudiofile. outfile specifies the output tape file. The format will be determined by the file extension and can be in any of the formats libspectrum(3) supports for output. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3), listbasic(1), tapeconv(1), tzxlist(1), snap2tzx(1), tape2wav(1) The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Fredrick Meunier (fredm@spamcop.net). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 audio2tape(1)