Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: World Wide Name (FLEX)
Operating Systems AIX World Wide Name (FLEX) Post 302896458 by ross.mather on Monday 7th of April 2014 04:03:45 PM
Old 04-07-2014
Tharsan,

There is a pretty easy solution, and that is the command line from the Chassis Management Module of the Flex System.

Logon to the CMM via ssh, and then (for the purposes of the example) we assume that the fibre card you are interested in is in Slot Bay 3, and I/O Card 2:

Code:
info -T system:blade[3]:exp[2]

If the node is a p460 then the 2nd card would be in:

Code:
info -T system:blade[3]:exp[4]

This is how I would add an node to an existing Flex system where it has no internal disk and would need SAN Zoning for its VIO Server.

Hope that helps
Ross

Last edited by ross.mather; 04-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Adding info

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues getting FLEX up in HP-UX 11

Hi, I am trying to install FLEX in HP-UX 11 and I am having issues in getting it up. After installing the FLEX I got from the HP-UX site for 11.11, it complained as missing libiconv.sl. Then I got the libiconv installed from the DEPOT got from HP-UX site and now its complaining as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobsinte
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide

Hi Experts, It may be a trivial thing, but I am stuck. Whenver I try to open a file using vi I get error Terminal Too wide. I am using putty to connect to a Sun OS. Please advice. bash-2.05$ vi all_subs_ded_20080203.txt Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

flex++ parser for HP-UX11

Hi, can anyone tell me were to download flex++ parser for HP-UX11 BR vasanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

flex installation problem

hi , when i run ./configure in wine-1.3.10 folder in midway i get error message Your flex version is too old. Please install flex version 2.5.33 or newer. but when i try to install flex using yum install flex it gives me message Package flex-2.5.4a-41.fc6.i386 already installed and latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand121
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)