Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: World Wide Name (FLEX)
Operating Systems AIX World Wide Name (FLEX) Post 302896458 by ross.mather on Monday 7th of April 2014 04:03:45 PM
Old 04-07-2014
Tharsan,

There is a pretty easy solution, and that is the command line from the Chassis Management Module of the Flex System.

Logon to the CMM via ssh, and then (for the purposes of the example) we assume that the fibre card you are interested in is in Slot Bay 3, and I/O Card 2:

Code:
info -T system:blade[3]:exp[2]

If the node is a p460 then the 2nd card would be in:

Code:
info -T system:blade[3]:exp[4]

This is how I would add an node to an existing Flex system where it has no internal disk and would need SAN Zoning for its VIO Server.

Hope that helps
Ross

Last edited by ross.mather; 04-07-2014 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: Adding info

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issues getting FLEX up in HP-UX 11

Hi, I am trying to install FLEX in HP-UX 11 and I am having issues in getting it up. After installing the FLEX I got from the HP-UX site for 11.11, it complained as missing libiconv.sl. Then I got the libiconv installed from the DEPOT got from HP-UX site and now its complaining as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobsinte
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide

Hi Experts, It may be a trivial thing, but I am stuck. Whenver I try to open a file using vi I get error Terminal Too wide. I am using putty to connect to a Sun OS. Please advice. bash-2.05$ vi all_subs_ded_20080203.txt Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RishiPahuja
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

flex++ parser for HP-UX11

Hi, can anyone tell me were to download flex++ parser for HP-UX11 BR vasanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

flex installation problem

hi , when i run ./configure in wine-1.3.10 folder in midway i get error message Your flex version is too old. Please install flex version 2.5.33 or newer. but when i try to install flex using yum install flex it gives me message Package flex-2.5.4a-41.fc6.i386 already installed and latest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand121
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Mad World Remix of Moby Video (Are You Lost In The World Like Me)

This is an excellent video comment on modern society and the remix is good too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DU1B_XkyIk 5DU1B_XkyIk Watch the video above and post your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies
X.Org(7x)																 X.Org(7x)

NAME
X.Org, XProjectTeam - X.Org Group information SYNOPSIS
Release 6.5 and 6.6 of X Version 11 was brought to you by The X.Org Group. Release 6.4 of X Version 11 was brought to you by The X Project Team. DESCRIPTION
The Open Group's X Project Team was created as the successor to the X Consortium, Inc., after the X Consortium was merged into The Open Group. The X.Org Group (hereinafter called "X.Org") was created as the successor to The X Project Team after the The Open Group ceased operating The X Project Team. The purpose of X.Org is to foster development, evolution, and maintenance of the X Window System. X.Org operates under the corporate umbrella of The Open Group. The X Consortium was an independent, not-for-profit Delaware membership corporation. It was formed in 1993 as the successor to the MIT X Consortium. The X Window System was created in the mid-1980s at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In 1988, MIT formed a member-funded consor- tium to provide the technical and administrative leadership necessary to support further development of the X Window System. In 1992, MIT and the membership decided it was in their best interests to move the consortium out of MIT and create an independent, stand-alone organi- zation. All rights to the X Window System were assigned by MIT to X Consortium, Inc. on January 1, 1994. X Consortium, Inc. closed its doors on December 31, 1996. All rights to the X Window System have been assigned to The Open Group, for the benefit of the members of X.Org. ADDRESS
To reach The Open Group public World Wide Web server, use http://www.opengroup.org/. To reach The X.Org public World Wide Web server, use http://www.x.org/. To reach The X.Org public ftp machine, use anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.x.org/ FULL MEMBERS
Attachmate Barco Compaq Hewlett-Packard Hummingbird IBM ICS Metro Link MITRE Shiman Associates Silicon Graphics Incorporated Starnet Communications Sun Microsystems The XFree86 Project US Navy WRQ Xi Graphics X Version 11 Release 6.6 X.Org(7x)