Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help w/ Reading Matrix & Storing in dynamic array Post 302896331 by Don Cragun on Sunday 6th of April 2014 06:39:54 PM
Old 04-06-2014
For the last time: Is this a homework assignment? If not, how will this software be used?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing pointer array in C

All .. I am having a pointer array . And trying to store the addess into that pointer array . please see below the problem i faced code: int cnt1; char *t_array; char *f_array; for(cnt1=0; cnt1<1000; cnt1++) { t_array =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing records in awk array

hi i have a file as follows: 1 2 3 4 5 6 i want to store all these numbers in an array using awk.. so far i have: awk '{for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) {a=$1}} END {for(i=1;i<=NR;i++) {printf("%1.11f",a)}}' 1.csv > test however, i am getting all values as zero in the "test" file..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Reading out rows of a file into a dynamic array and check first literal

Hello, i have a file "Movie.ini" looking e.g. like follows * MOVIE A bla bla MOVIE B blubb blubb MOVIE C I'd like to read the file "Movie.ini" with cat and grep and check whether it includes the string MOVIE only with a '*' at the beginnig. By doing "cat Movie.ini| grep MOVIE... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and storing it in a variable

Hi folks, I'm using bash and would like to do the following. I would like to read some values from the file and store it in the variable and use it. My file is 1.txt and its contents are VERSION=5.6 UPDATE=4 I would like to read "5.6" and "4" and store it in a variable in shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptfriend
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting columns from a matrix and storing each column in a separate file

Hi All, I have a huge matrix file consisting some some millions rows and 6000 columns. The contents are just floating point numbers in the matrix. I want to extract each column (i.e. 6000 of them) and store each column in a separate file. For example, 1.dat will consist of elements from column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
4 Replies

8. Programming

Reading Scientific notation from file and storing in array

Hi, I am trying to read a set of numbers that are in scientific notation into a file so I can do some math on them, but when I display the array contents the numbers aren't the same as the numbers in the file. Could someone explain why? Thanks. int main() { double fArray; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
3 Replies

9. Programming

C; storing strings in an array

I am trying to get userinput from stdin and store the lines in an array. If i do this: using a char **list to store strings allocate memory to it #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { char *prog = argv; char **linelist; int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to output the array result into a matrix

I have a file like this: ASSPASVFETQY,hTRBV12-4,hTRBJ2-5,2 ASSPASTGGDYGYT,hTRBV18,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASGDGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPASFPEDTQY,hTRBV27,hTRBJ2-3,2 ASSPARVNYGYT,hTRBV5-1,hTRBJ1-2,2 ASSPARTSGGLNEQF,hTRBV6-4,hTRBJ2-1,2 ASSPARQSYNEQF,hTRBV11-1,hTRBJ2-1,2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
3 Replies
PMDACHILDREN(3) 					     Library Functions Manual						   PMDACHILDREN(3)

NAME
pmdaChildren - translate a PMID to a set of dynamic performance metric names C SYNOPSIS
#include <pcp/pmapi.h> #include <pcp/impl.h> #include <pcp/pmda.h> int pmdaChildren(char *name, int traverse, char ***offspring, int **status, pmdaExt *pmda); cc ... -lpcp_pmda -lpcp DESCRIPTION
As part of the Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) API (see PMDA(3)), pmdaChildren is the generic callback for returning dynamic metric names (and their status) that are descendants of name. Because implementing dynamic performance metrics requires specific PMDA support, and the facility is an optional component of a PMDA (most PMDAs do not support dynamic performance metrics), pmdaChildren is a skeleton implementation that returns PM_ERR_NAME. A PMDA that supports dynamic performance metrics will provide a private callback that replaces pmdaChildren (by assignment to ver- sion.four.children of the pmdaInterface structure) and takes the initial metric name and returns names via offspring[] and the leaf or non- leaf status of each via status[]. If traverse is 0, then the behaviour is akin to pmGetChildren(3) and offspring[] contains the relative name component for the immediate de- scendants of name. If traverse is 1, then the behaviour is akin to pmTraversePMNS(3) and offspring[] contains the absolute names of all dynamic metrics that are decedents of name. The resulting list of pointers offspring and the values (the names) that the pointers reference will have been allocated by pmdaChildren with a single call to malloc(3C), and the caller of pmdaChildren will call free(offspring) to release the space when it is no longer re- quired. The same holds true for the status array. DIAGNOSTICS
pmdaChildren returns PM_ERR_NAME if the name is not recognized or cannot be translated, otherwise the number of descendent metric names found. CAVEAT
The PMDA must be using PMDA_PROTOCOL_4 or later, as specified in the call to pmdaDSO(3) or pmdaDaemon(3). SEE ALSO
PMAPI(3), PMDA(3), pmdaDaemon(3), pmdaDSO(3), pmdaMain(3), pmGetChildren(3) and pmTraversePMNS(3). Performance Co-Pilot PCP PMDACHILDREN(3)