Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tabulate nodes and subnodes of XML file script Post 302895949 by shamrock on Thursday 3rd of April 2014 11:45:47 AM
Old 04-03-2014
Provide a better sample of the input and the desired output...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to map XML nodes

Hi folks, I'm a bit of a novice at this but here goes. I want to read in nodes from an XML file, and map the path to each. eg the file is structured <node><nodename>.</nodename> <node><nodename>topnode</nodename> <node><nodename>subnode1</nodename></node> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark14
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for showing only selected nodes

Dear all, I am bit confused lately, I have a xmlfile here: file: book.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <bookstore> <book category="COOKING"> <title lang="en">Everyday Italian</title> <author>Giada De Laurentiis</author> <year>2005</year> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penyu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on HACMP nodes?

Hello All, Anybody knows how can I run script on the AIX HACMP offline node, without logon a offline node? I would like to run a script on the online node and at same time or after the online node on the offline node. Any IDEA? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - help needed for creating a script to generate xml file from text file

Dear Members, I have a table in Oracle DB and one of its column name is INFO which has data in text format which we need to fetch in a script and create an xml file of a new table from the input. The contents of a single cell of INFO column is like: Area:app - aam Clean Up Criteria:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip xml element nodes based on conditions

Hi Gurus, I have a xml in which I have to remove unused element nodes. Here are the requirements 1. Remove StoreAddresses & Contacts complex element directly 2. Remove StoreItemCharacteristic element based on CharacteristicName="Organic" Here is the sample xml <?xml version="1.0"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumars_49
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interacitve script for Healthcheckup of nodes

Hi This is my first post to this site.:D I want to develop a script with following steps: 1.Script1,2,3 placed at particular path on local server 2.ask for an IP and will directly pick up the correct script matching to the IP (IP could be defined in same script or a new script could be called).... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: veronica
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabulate data in a table.

I have about a million tables stored as .txt files in a directory. The content of the files look like this: ages-eligible-for-study: genders-eligible-for-study: accepts-healthy-volunteers: CONTINUE 18-months-to-36-months both yes CONTINUE DONEOther examples, CONTINUE... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
8 Replies
CATCODEC(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       CATCODEC(1)

NAME
catcodec -- An open source tool to decode/encode the sample catalogue for OpenTTD SYNOPSIS
catcodec [-d sample_file] [-e sample_file] DESCRIPTION
catcodec decodes and encodes sample catalogues for OpenTTD. These sample catalogues are not much more than some meta-data (description and file name) and raw PCM data. Decoding a sample catalogue, e.g. sample.cat, results in a sample.sfo that contains the file names and descriptions of the samples and all samples with the file name as specified in the catalogue. Encoding a sample catalogue, e.g. sample.cat, reads sample.sfo for the file names and descriptions. It will then load the samples described in sample.sfo and encodes these into sample.cat. Generally speaking encoding a file and then decoding it results in the same file. Decoding of the original, Transport Tycoon Deluxe, sample format will force the output to be 11025 Hz, 8 bits mono because the meta-data of some of the samples is incorrect or even missing. Only PCM WAVE files with only the format and data chunks are supported. Any other formats need to be converted into this. Furthermore only 11025 Hz, 22050 Hz and 44100 Hz with 8 or 16 bits per sample single channel PCM WAVE files are supported. OPTIONS
-d sample_file Decode the given sample catalogue into its components. The sample_file must have the extension '.cat'. For the output meta- data file the '.cat' is replaced with '.sfo'. The actual samples, in PCM WAVE format, are extracted into files using the file names, including extension, as described in the catalogue or meta-data file. If any of the files already exists a backup is made, by adding '.bak', overwriting the existing backup. -e sample_file Encode the components for the given sample file into a sample catalogue. The sample_file must have the extension '.cat'. For the input meta-data file the '.cat' is replaced with '.sfo'. The actual samples, in PCM WAVE format, are read from files using the file names, including extension, as described in the meta-data file. If the sample_file already exists a backup is made, by adding '.bak', overwriting the existing backup. SEE ALSO
openttd(1) the game that uses these sample catalogues. AUTHORS
Remko Bijker <rubidium@openttd.org> November 05, 2009